AOR March 04 ,IA Oct 04 , ... Advice Needed

  • Romi Singh
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004

      I am a citizen of India.
      I am currently in Canada, completed my MBA here in September and am
      living here on a student visa. My student visa is valid till 1st Feb
      2005.

      I applied in Buffalo and my timelines are:

      Applied: Feb 2004
      AOR: Mar 2004
      IA: Oct end 2004 (Dated 20th Oct 2004)
      (Medicals, No Interview required, No RCMP clearance required –
      surprising since I have been in Canada since the past 14 months and
      Few Documents requested)

      Documents requested:
      1. Degree certificates and transcripts ( Will send )
      2. ROLF ( Will send )
      3. Bank Statement ( Will send )
      4. Reference Letter from current employer. (I still haven't found a
      job in Canada so I don't know what to do about this????)
      5. Tax slips and pay stubs. (Again, no job, no pay, no tax
      slips!!!! )

      I need your advice on item numbers 4 and 5 above.

      1. Can I write a letter explaining that I am presently seeking
      employment and hence cannot provide reference letters or pay
      stubs???

      2. Will this negatively affect my present status of Student permit
      since I have already finished my program of study??

      3. Also, if I send these documents immediately, Can I expect to get
      the PP request before Feb 1st 2005 so that I don't need to go back
      to India?? ( Again, My student permit expires on 1st Feb 2005 )

      Any inputs and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

      Thanks a lot in advance
      Imor
    • benny almeida
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        hi
        I DON'T know what to tell except that u can do one
        thing . why don't u just join any job means any job
        and take some letter from your employer saying that u
        have got jobs. It does help sometimes because many
        people have done that. and even visit teh embassy and
        tell them and ask their guidance.

        benny

        --- Romi Singh <romidudee@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am a citizen of India.
        > I am currently in Canada, completed my MBA here in
        > September and am
        > living here on a student visa. My student visa is
        > valid till 1st Feb
        > 2005.
        >
        > I applied in Buffalo and my timelines are:
        >
        > Applied: Feb 2004
        > AOR: Mar 2004
        > IA: Oct end 2004 (Dated 20th Oct 2004)
        > (Medicals, No Interview required, No RCMP clearance
        > required �
        > surprising since I have been in Canada since the
        > past 14 months and
        > Few Documents requested)
        >
        > Documents requested:
        > 1. Degree certificates and transcripts ( Will send )
        > 2. ROLF ( Will send )
        > 3. Bank Statement ( Will send )
        > 4. Reference Letter from current employer. (I still
        > haven't found a
        > job in Canada so I don't know what to do about
        > this????)
        > 5. Tax slips and pay stubs. (Again, no job, no pay,
        > no tax
        > slips!!!! )
        >
        > I need your advice on item numbers 4 and 5 above.
        >
        > 1. Can I write a letter explaining that I am
        > presently seeking
        > employment and hence cannot provide reference
        > letters or pay
        > stubs???
        >
        > 2. Will this negatively affect my present status of
        > Student permit
        > since I have already finished my program of study??
        >
        > 3. Also, if I send these documents immediately, Can
        > I expect to get
        > the PP request before Feb 1st 2005 so that I don't
        > need to go back
        > to India?? ( Again, My student permit expires on 1st
        > Feb 2005 )
        >
        > Any inputs and suggestions will be highly
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks a lot in advance
        > Imor

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.