Employment Reference

  • GRiseley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2004
      My common law partner and I are in the middle of preparing our forms
      for immigrating to Canada and I am trying to write a letter to
      explain why I cannot get a reference from our current employers.

      To explain briefly, I am an IT Manager and this would be classed by
      my company as a notice of termination and therefore I would be asked
      to leave immediately because of the security risk. This would not
      normally be a problem but my partner works and the same company and
      we could therefore jeopodise both our jobs.

      Has anyone else had to do the same, and if so I could use some help
      in wording the letter.

      Thanks in advance

      Gabi and Lee
    • Omar Salas Lieves
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
        Hello, I'm about to start my application process. I'm from Mexico and I would like to get in touch with people from Mexico who are already in the process or who have completed it. Please write back to me!

        Thank you all!

      • Allan First
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
          Any paystubs or proof of employment will definitely help.

          GRiseley <griseley@...> wrote:My common law partner and I are in the middle of preparing our forms
          for immigrating to Canada and I am trying to write a letter to
          explain why I cannot get a reference from our current employers.

          To explain briefly, I am an IT Manager and this would be classed by
          my company as a notice of termination and therefore I would be asked
          to leave immediately because of the security risk. This would not
          normally be a problem but my partner works and the same company and
          we could therefore jeopodise both our jobs.

          Has anyone else had to do the same, and if so I could use some help
          in wording the letter.

          Thanks in advance

          Gabi and Lee

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT