Anyone could give me suggestions please!!

  • faqcad
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
      Hi everyone
      I just have a short question, but really need answers.
      I've applied for permanent residence as a skill worker and will have the
      interview date on June'02 in LA. I have common-law partner(same sex)
      and have him applied in my application.

      My questions:

      1.Dose my common-law partner have to go to the interview with me?
      It's not so convenient for him to accompany me on that day.

      2.Will the officer interview just only me or both of us have to be in the
      inteview room?

      3.Do we have to have the medical examination done before the
      interview or we can do that after the interview?

      Thanks in advance for your kindly suggestion.
    • mimikos athanassiadis
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
        Hello,

        IIt is suggested that your partner be with you for the
        interview as the agent may ask for his presence to
        prove part of your relationship.
        Furthermore, it is advisable that the medical be done
        before-this will expedite the process as there will be
        no waiting period until the officer has to make a
        final decision.

        If the file is complete, the decision will be made on
        the spot.

        If you have any more questions, contact me directly.

        Mimikos Athanassiadis
        Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
        3438 Hutchison Street
        Montreal, PQ
        514-849-7345

        --- faqcad <faqcad@...> wrote:
        ---------------------------------
        Hi everyone
        I just have a short question, but really need
        answers.
        I've applied for permanent residence as a skill worker
        and will have the
        interview date on June'02 in LA. I have common-law
        partner(same sex)
        and have him applied in my application.

        My questions:

        1.Dose my common-law partner have to go to the
        interview with me?
        It's not so convenient for him to accompany me on that
        day.

        2.Will the officer interview just only me or both of
        us have to be in the
        inteview room?

        3.Do we have to have the medical examination done
        before the
        interview or we can do that after the interview?

        Thanks in advance for your kindly suggestion.

        Terms of Service.

      • faqcad
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
          Dear Sir or Madam
          First of all, I would like to say thank you for your kindly advise.
          If you would not mind I would like to ask some more questions. I & my
          partner came from another country and study in US. After graduated,I
          could not find a job here, but I'm still living here to wait for Canadian
          Interview( in the application we put the LA canadian embassy for the
          interview place), Since we can not guarantee that we could come back
          US
          after we left. Currently, my status is illegal, and US visa is already
          expired. but my common law got a H1 visa. As I'm the principal
          applicant:

          1) Will the officer reject my application because of the illegal
          status?
          2) If so,,is there anyway I could do?
          3) My commonlaw is working in another state, but we still in the
          relationship( we talk to each other everydays,,etc) How can we due with
          that
          topic?

          I know my case might be too complicated,,but it would be appreciated if
          you could give me some suggestions.

          Thanks for your times,,
          Best Regards,
          Nathan.