Question about common-law partner(same sex)

  • faqcad
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 11:32 PM
      Hi everyone
      I just have a short question, but really need answers.
      I've applied for permanent residence as a skill worker and will have the
      interview date on June'02 in LA. I have common-law partner(same sex)
      and have him applied in my application.

      My questions:

      1.Dose my common-law partner have to go to the interview with me?
      It's not so convenient for him to accompany me on that day.

      2.Will the officer interview just only me or both of us have to be in the
      inteview room?

      3.Do we have to have the medical examination done before the
      interview or we can do that after the interview?

      Thanks in advance for your kindly suggestion.
    • Rocio Ingar
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28 6:42 AM
        as I have notice, you MUST go with your partner to the interview, (it does not matter sex), if you declare him/her on your application.
        The officer will ask both of you, first you as the principal applicant and then your partner, about studies, job experience, topics will be the same for you both.
        You and your partner will be in the same room.
        Medical examinations have to be done after the interview, I do not know if is the same in others countries.

        Regards

        Rocio