Re: Looking for guide for FBI police clearance

  • Girish
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
      Hi Manoj,
      Please find the information about FBI police clearance
      below. This information is obtained from from www.canadavisa.com.
      To obtain an FBI clearance, you must do the following:

      Get fingerprinted.
      Go to a local police station, other local authority such as Motor
      Vehicle Bureau, or private fingerprinting agency and obtain a
      fingerprint form. Complete it and get fingerprinted. You may find a
      reluctance to fingerprint in the U.S. if you simply state that it is
      for immigration purposes. This is because U.S. immigration
      authorities have placed restrictions on fingerprinting for U.S.
      immigration purposes. So be very clear in explaining that you require
      fingerprinting for Canadian immigration purposes and you should not
      have a problem. Some of our clients have advised that they obtained
      their fingerprints in the U.S. by stating that it was required for a
      request under Freedom of Information legislation.

      You must then forward the completed fingerprint form, with a
      certified check or money order for US$18 per person made payable to
      the "U.S. Treasury" to the following address:

      FBI - CJIS Division
      Attn: SCU, Mod D-2
      1000 Custer Hollow Road
      Clarksburg, West Virginia
      26306
      USA

      Include a letter stating the request and reason for the FBI Clearance
      certificate.

      --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti