Re: Looking for guide for FBI police clearance

  • randeepcsc290
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2004
      Manoj,

      I like you was in the USA, but now am finding it difficult to pursue
      the FBI clearance issue, can you suggest some alternative....
      Plz get back

      randeep.

      --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
      <manoj_koshti@y...> wrote:

      > Hi All
      >
      > I am looking for guide (procedure) for FBI/Police clearance .
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Mnaoj

    • Girish
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
        Hi Manoj,
        Please find the information about FBI police clearance
        below. This information is obtained from from www.canadavisa.com.
        To obtain an FBI clearance, you must do the following:

        Get fingerprinted.
        Go to a local police station, other local authority such as Motor
        Vehicle Bureau, or private fingerprinting agency and obtain a
        fingerprint form. Complete it and get fingerprinted. You may find a
        reluctance to fingerprint in the U.S. if you simply state that it is
        for immigration purposes. This is because U.S. immigration
        authorities have placed restrictions on fingerprinting for U.S.
        immigration purposes. So be very clear in explaining that you require
        fingerprinting for Canadian immigration purposes and you should not
        have a problem. Some of our clients have advised that they obtained
        their fingerprints in the U.S. by stating that it was required for a
        request under Freedom of Information legislation.

        You must then forward the completed fingerprint form, with a
        certified check or money order for US$18 per person made payable to
        the "U.S. Treasury" to the following address:

        FBI - CJIS Division
        Attn: SCU, Mod D-2
        1000 Custer Hollow Road
        Clarksburg, West Virginia
        26306
        USA

        Include a letter stating the request and reason for the FBI Clearance
        certificate.