Re: Temp Work Permit Help Please

  • ahblair
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11 5:52 PM
      Hi Mads,

      There's more information on at CIC's Hiring Foreign Workers page at
      http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/workft%5Fe.html which should give
      your employer an idea of what they need to do. There is also a
      wealth of information for you at http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-
      guides/english/FW-e/index.html but much of this is geared to
      Temporary Foreign Workers: you would be applying for PR status with
      an offer of employment in advance. Under the new Skilled Worker
      Selection Grid a HRDC-confirmed permanent offer of employment with
      your Immigration application would be worth 10 points, and an
      Informal Job Offer in Canada would net you naught
      under "Adaptability"; however below Points Received Under the
      Arranged Employment Factor in "Adaptability" you may qualify for 5
      points. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/02/0218-pre.html

      A Blair