Re: Written Explanation for Language Skills

  • Girish
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2004
      Hi Manoj,
      I found a sample letter in a forum and you can try visiting
      following url.
      http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?
      va=language+proficiency+sample+document+for+canada&ei=UTF-
      8&n=20&fl=0&url=ZRDYF8AcF-EJ:www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp%
      3fTOPIC_ID=3112
      I hope it will help .
      Regards

      --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
      <manoj_koshti@y...> wrote:
      > I am also looking for same .If you get some thing let me know .
      > Regards
      > Manoj
      >
      > Rocio <rochi4@y...> wrote:
      > Does anybody have a model for this? I already have letters from my
      > College and friends but I was wondering if I need to follow some
      > structure to make a successful letter of explanation. Thanks in
      > advance
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Rocio
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
        Thanks for the info, unfortunately it seems there is something wrong
        with this link, could you please paste it again?

        Regards!

        Rocio

        --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, "Girish"
        <ggaonkar2004@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Manoj,
        > I found a sample letter in a forum and you can try
        visiting
        > following url.
        > http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?
        > va=language+proficiency+sample+document+for+canada&ei=UTF-
        > 8&n=20&fl=0&url=ZRDYF8AcF-
        EJ:www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp%
        > 3fTOPIC_ID=3112
        > I hope it will help .
        > Regards
        >
        > --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
        > <manoj_koshti@y...> wrote:
        > > I am also looking for same .If you get some thing let me know .
        > > Regards
        > > Manoj
        > >
        > > Rocio <rochi4@y...> wrote:
        > > Does anybody have a model for this? I already have letters from
        my
        > > College and friends but I was wondering if I need to follow some
        > > structure to make a successful letter of explanation. Thanks in
        > > advance
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Girish Gaonkar
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
          Please find the letter below. This is copied from the link http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?va=language+proficiency+sample+document+for+canada&ei=UTF-8&n=20&fl=0&url=ZRDYF8AcF-EJ:www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp%3fTOPIC_ID=3112
          Regards.

          In support of my application for immigration to Canada, please permit me to briefly explain and bring all relevant facts to your attention, which clearly establishes my proficiency in all four facets of the English Language.

          WRITING SKILLS
          I have the distinct advantage of having completed my Secondary, Pre and Graduate levels of education in India, where the medium of instruction has been English. Also, throughout my job as a System administrator I have to often document my work and submit it to my superiors, for which I have extensively used English language only. I frequently exchange e-mails with my employers pertaining to technical/non-technical issues. I also write project reports after discussing it with my team and submit it to my superiors in order to proceed or start various projects. I often have to note down the points during the team meeting so that I can implement them later in my work. I also prepare slides or short write-ups in order to give a presentation to my team on technical aspects of a project. These have helped me in utilizing and enhancing my English writing skills effectively in everyday life.

          READING SKILLS
          As my education was in the English medium, I have studied all the subjects in English. At work, I often have to read and understand many technical books in English to keep abreast of the latest computer technologies. I read newspapers and magazines on a regular basis and often understand all that I read. If I encounter a word that�s new to me, I look it up in the dictionary. I also read novels and have thus developed reading as an interesting hobby.

          LISTENING SKILLS
          I have been working in the USA for the over 3 years and in India for 3 years, where language of use has been English. I listen to the news everyday while going to work and all my interaction with my colleagues is in English. At work, I often have to attend the teleconference meetings that are conducted with my team who are at several different locations. I am an avid fan of the English movies and I watch, discuss about my favorite stars with my friends. I also talk to most of my friends in English, as we all do not speak the same native language.

          SPEAKING SKILLS
          I exclusively use the English language to communicate with my co-workers and superiors at work. I often have to discuss about many aspects in a project and it requires good English knowledge in order to present my views. I find absolutely no difficulty in making the other party understand my point of view. I frequently have to make presentations and explain many technical issues, which may last for around 15 minutes. I often meet with my friends and discuss about movies and Tennis.

          Finally, I have been educated in India where the medium of instruction has been English and working in U.S.A, where I have been using English language day-in and day-out. I can handle English language with ease and would submit that my proficiency in English Language can be gauged as fluent.
          Should you require additional details, if any, I would only be obliged to furnish.
          I hope it helps

          <ggaonkar2004@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Manoj,
          > I found a sample letter in a forum and you can try
          visiting
          > following url.
          > http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?
          > va=language+proficiency+sample+document+for+canada&ei=UTF-
          > 8&n=20&fl=0&url=ZRDYF8AcF-
          EJ:www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp%
          > 3fTOPIC_ID=3112
          > I hope it will help .
          > Regards
          >
          > --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
          > <manoj_koshti@y...> wrote:
          > > I am also looking for same .If you get some thing let me know .
          > > Regards
          > > Manoj
          > >
          > > Rocio <rochi4@y...> wrote:
          > > Does anybody have a model for this? I already have letters from
          my
          > > College and friends but I was wondering if I need to follow some
          > > structure to make a successful letter of explanation. Thanks in
          > > advance
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Manoj koshti
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
            Regards
            Manoj

            wrote:
            > Hi Manoj,
            > I found a sample letter in a forum and you can try
            visiting
            > following url.
            > http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?
            > va=language+proficiency+sample+document+for+canada&ei=UTF-
            > 8&n=20&fl=0&url=ZRDYF8AcF-
            EJ:www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp%
            > 3fTOPIC_ID=3112
            > I hope it will help .
            > Regards
            >
            > --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
            > wrote:
            > > I am also looking for same .If you get some thing let me know .
            > > Regards
            > > Manoj
            > >
            > > Rocio wrote:
            > > Does anybody have a model for this? I already have letters from
            my
            > > College and friends but I was wondering if I need to follow some
            > > structure to make a successful letter of explanation. Thanks in
            > > advance
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • dan tamang
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2004
              hi'
              i trust that you are fine by the grace of God. i whould like to say thanyou for the massage that i ask. really i knowthing about how to immigrate in canada. hope you will help me about it. thanks bye.

              wrote:
              > Hi Manoj,
              > I found a sample letter in a forum and you can try
              visiting
              > following url.
              > http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?
              > va=language+proficiency+sample+document+for+canada&ei=UTF-
              > 8&n=20&fl=0&url=ZRDYF8AcF-
              EJ:www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp%
              > 3fTOPIC_ID=3112
              > I hope it will help .
              > Regards
              >
              > --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
              > wrote:
              > > I am also looking for same .If you get some thing let me know .
              > > Regards
              > > Manoj
              > >
              > > Rocio wrote:
              > > Does anybody have a model for this? I already have letters from
              my
              > > College and friends but I was wondering if I need to follow some
              > > structure to make a successful letter of explanation. Thanks in
              > > advance
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.

            • dan tamang
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
                hello.
                i just wanna get to know about the form that we have to feel in about the immigration canada. if i can get a samble of this form.
                regards.

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 7, 2004
                  You can download the applications by visiting following url.
                  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/index.html
                  If you want hard copy of the application you can get it by contacting
                  the Canadian Consulate. Let me know if you need anything else.
                  Regards,
                  Girish
                  --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, dan tamang
                  <dan_tamang@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                  > > following url.
                  > > http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?
                  > > va=language+proficiency+sample+document+for+canada&ei=UTF-
                  > > 8&n=20&fl=0&url=ZRDYF8AcF-
                  > EJ:www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp%
                  > > 3fTOPIC_ID=3112
                  > > I hope it will help .
                  > > Regards
                  > >
                  > > --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
                  > > wrote:
                  > > > I am also looking for same .If you get some thing let me know .
                  > > > Regards
                  > > > Manoj
                  > > >
                  > > > Rocio wrote:
                  > > > Does anybody have a model for this? I already have letters from
                  > my
                  > > > College and friends but I was wondering if I need to follow
                  some
                  > > > structure to make a successful letter of explanation. Thanks in

                  Service.