Bachelors Degree from US university as proof of English fluency?

  • schonbereit
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2004
      For a non-native English speaker: is a Bachelors Degree from an
      accredited US university proof of English fluency (16 points)?

      Does anyone have experience with this?

      Thanks,

      Gordon
    • Manoj koshti
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
        Hi All

        I am looking for guide (procedure) for FBI/Police clearance .

        Regards

        Mnaoj

      • randeepcsc290
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2004
          Manoj,

          I like you was in the USA, but now am finding it difficult to pursue
          the FBI clearance issue, can you suggest some alternative....
          Plz get back

          randeep.

          --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, Manoj koshti
          <manoj_koshti@y...> wrote:

          > Hi All
          >
          > I am looking for guide (procedure) for FBI/Police clearance .
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Mnaoj

        • Girish
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
            Hi Manoj,
            Please find the information about FBI police clearance
            below. This information is obtained from from www.canadavisa.com.
            To obtain an FBI clearance, you must do the following:

            Get fingerprinted.
            Go to a local police station, other local authority such as Motor
            Vehicle Bureau, or private fingerprinting agency and obtain a
            fingerprint form. Complete it and get fingerprinted. You may find a
            reluctance to fingerprint in the U.S. if you simply state that it is
            for immigration purposes. This is because U.S. immigration
            authorities have placed restrictions on fingerprinting for U.S.
            immigration purposes. So be very clear in explaining that you require
            fingerprinting for Canadian immigration purposes and you should not
            have a problem. Some of our clients have advised that they obtained
            their fingerprints in the U.S. by stating that it was required for a
            request under Freedom of Information legislation.

            You must then forward the completed fingerprint form, with a
            certified check or money order for US$18 per person made payable to
            the "U.S. Treasury" to the following address:

            FBI - CJIS Division
            Attn: SCU, Mod D-2
            1000 Custer Hollow Road
            Clarksburg, West Virginia
            26306
            USA

            Include a letter stating the request and reason for the FBI Clearance
            certificate.