Please mention time

  • mus24
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
      Dear members,

      For the benefit of those who have no knowledge how much time it takes
      for an independent class application to process from the date of
      acknowledgement letter till the issuance of visa,step by step,please
      mention how much time it is taking in your case or has taken in your
      case.This will greatly benefit others in the waiting list.
      mus24@...
    • ahblair
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
        Many people often ask for timelines from the various centres, wanting
        to know how long their application will take. Times at each centre
        vary, and times vary from centre to centre as well. Canadian
        immigration consultant Andrew Miller
        (millerciREMOVE@...) states "Current reality is as
        follows - about 2.5 to 4 months (10 to 16 weeks) for AOR letter and
        another 7.5 to 10 months (30 to 40 weeks) for initial assessment
        (interview waiver or interview required). If interview waived then
        another few months (3 to 5+) for medicals and visa, providing that
        background/security check has been also concluded. If interview
        required then you need to add about 6 to 12 more months to the
        process. All of that may change substantially depending from the
        final version of new selection criteria." These vary greatly with
        each particular application (some are more complex than others).
        Under no circumstances should applicants apply to a different
        Immigration Processing Centre than the one they are supposed to (see
        http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/info/emission.html for yours), as this
        often causes more delays than any time savings gained.

        Here are some example timelines for a few CIC Missions that people
        have posted around the web recently (in the last few months), from
        BritishExpats forums, TSC Canada forums and the
        misc.immigration.canada newsgroup:

        Definitions:
        (1) Applied - The month when the application was sent.
        (2) AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt - The month when you receive the
        acknowledgement that they received the application. This one has your
        FILE NUMBER. This is your case number and all further correspondence
        is done with this File number.
        (3) Medical - The month they send you your medical forms.
        (4) Interview - The month you are scheduled for an interview (if its
        not waived).
        (5) PR - Date when you receive you Permanent Residence Landing Papers.

        1. Damascus Timeline: (currently many years AOR to PR)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Feb 1999 May 1999 Nov 2001 Sep 2001 Waiting
        Oct 2000 Nov 2000 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Nov 1998 Dec 1998 Aug 2001 Aug 2001 Waiting

        2. Buffalo Timelines: (currently 10-18 months AOR to PR)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Mar 2001 Jun 2001 Nov 2001 Waived Jan 2002
        Aug 2001 Nov 2001 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Mar 2001 May 2001 Nov 2001 Waiting Waiting
        Mar 2001 Jun 2001 Dec 2001 Waived Feb 2002
        Jun 2001 Sep 2001 Apr 2002 Waived No info
        Jul 2001 Oct 2001 Mar 2002 Waived Waiting
        Jul 2001 Oct 2001 May 2002 Waived Waiting
        Jul 2001 Oct 2001 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Jul 2001 Oct 2001 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Jul 2001 Oct 2001 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Aug 2001 Nov 2001 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Mar 2001 Aug 2001 Mar 2002 Waived Waiting
        Nov 2001 Feb 2002 Mar 2002 Waived Waiting

        3. London Timeline: (currently 15-20+ months AOR to interview)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Jan 2001 Mar 2001 Mar 2002 Sep 2002 Waiting
        Oct 2000 Jan 2001 May 2001 Waived Jun 2001

        4. Manila Timeline: (currently 24-36+ months AOR to PR)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Jan 2000 Apr 2000 Jul 2001 Jan 2002 Waiting
        Sep 2000 Oct 2000 Sep 2001 no info Feb 2002
        Jan 2001 Mar 2001 Aug 2001 no info Waiting
        Mar 2001 May 2001 Mar 2002 Waived Waiting
        Feb 2002 Mar 2002 Waiting Waiting Waiting (to Quebec)

        5. Paris Timeline: (currently 10-18 months AOR to PR)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Sep 2001 Nov 2001 Mar 2002 Waiting Waiting (to Quebec)
        Jan 2000 Feb 2000 Sep 2000 Waived Oct 2000 (to Quebec)
        Nov 2001 Dec 2001 Mar 2002 Waived Waiting

        6. Colombo Timeline: (approx 36-39+ months AOR to PR)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Jan 2001 Jun 2001 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Nov 2000 Dec 2000 Waiting Waiting Waiting

        7. Delhi Timeline: (currently 15-31+ months AOR to PR)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Feb 2000 Apr 2000 Waiting Waiting Waiting
        Apr 2001 May 2001 no info Waived Apr 2002
        Apr 2001 Jun 2001 Jun 2001 no info Apr 2002
        Jul 2001 Aug 2002 Waiting Waiting Waiting

        8. Mexico City Timeline: (currently 12-28 months AOR to PR)

        9. Ankara Timeline: (currently 24-36+ months AOR to PR)
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Jun 2001 Jul 2001 Waiting Waiting Waiting

        10. Vienna Timeline: (currently 18-24+ months AOR to PR)

        11. Pretoria Timeline:
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Jun 2000 Aug 2000 Waiting Waiting Waiting

        12. Singapore Timeline:
        Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
        Feb 2001 Mar 2001 Mar 2002 Feb 2002 Waiting

        Almost all of these are for Independent Class Applications. If
        anyone has more timelines to add, please do so (Immigration Canada
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationcanada )

        A Blair

        --- In immigrationcanada@y..., mus24 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Dear members,
        >
        > For the benefit of those who have no knowledge how much time it
        takes
        > for an independent class application to process from the date of
        > acknowledgement letter till the issuance of visa,step by
        step,please
        > mention how much time it is taking in your case or has taken in
        your
        > case.This will greatly benefit others in the waiting list.
        > mus24@y...
      • Turquoise
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
          Hello every one,
          I'd like to figure out what an acknowledgement letter means? We received our medical reports last January. Does that mean acknowledgement letter? If not, would you all please give me some info about how much more we may need to wait to get our visas?It has been already five months since we passed the medical tests.
          Thanx
          mus24 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear members,

          For the benefit of those who have no knowledge how much time it takes
          for an independent class application to process from the date of
          acknowledgement letter till the issuance of visa,step by step,please
          mention how much time it is taking in your case or has taken in your
          case.This will greatly benefit others in the waiting list.
          mus24@...

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Turquoise
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
            Hello,
            I read the time line list given bellow. My interview has been waived last December. I got my medicals in January 2002. What I understand from this list is that it is quite common to wait 6-8 months after the medicals being received. Is there any case that anyone knows where people wait more that 8-10 months after the interview waived and medicals received.

            Thanx
            ahblair <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Many people often ask for timelines from the various centres, wanting

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
              Hi Turquoise,

              Yes, the wait can in some cases take longer than 8-10 months
              especially at slower centres (eg Damascus)

              --- In immigrationcanada@y..., Turquoise <ayeglm@y...> wrote:

> [...]
              >
              > 12. Singapore Timeline:
              > Applied AOR Medical Interview PR
              > Feb 2001 Mar 2001 Mar 2002 Feb 2002 Waiting
              >
              > Almost all of these are for Independent Class Applications. If
              > anyone has more timelines to add, please do so (Immigration Canada
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationcanada )
              >
              > A Blair
              >
              > --- In immigrationcanada@y..., mus24 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > Dear members,
              > >
              > > For the benefit of those who have no knowledge how much time it
              > takes
              > > for an independent class application to process from the date of
              > > acknowledgement letter till the issuance of visa,step by
              > step,please
              > > mention how much time it is taking in your case or has taken in
              > your
              > > case.This will greatly benefit others in the waiting list.

              Service.