Re: Goods to follow list????

  • ahblair
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hi acidburn,

      Everything should be written on the list, but they should be grouped
      (eg. "box of personal clothes" is fine instead of "9 shirts, 14
      socks, 8 pairs of trousers, etc"). Annex "A" Goods in Possession
      and Annex "B" Goods to Follow should be submitted, and any
      posessions you send in the mail should be included in the Goods to
      Follow list - if not you may be charged duty as if they're not on
      the list they may not be considered a personal posession. The list
      to fill out can be found at http://www.ccra-
      adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4abq/README.html

      I hope this helps!

      A Blair

      --- In immigrationcanada@y..., "acidburn1973" <acidburn1973@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello everyone
      >
      > I have a question redgarding the Goods to follow list.
      >
      > My wife has reacently received her immigration visa (from Poland)
      >
      > Now we don't know how to make up the list of goods she's going to
      > bring to canada.
      >
      > I know 1 list has to be for goods she is bringing in her luggage,
      and
      > the other with goods to follow.
      >
      > The problem is we don't know what exactly they want on the list.
      > Every single item listed? (eg. 5 pais of sox and their value??)
      > Or just the more valuable items. Should clothing be included?
      >
      > Most of her luggage is going to be summer clothing. She wants to
      send
      > the remaining clothing by post. So should this clothing be listed
      on
      > the goods to follow list??
      >
      > Thank you for any information youcan give me
      >
      > Peter
    • acidburn1973
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
        Thank you for your reply

        Now I have another question.

        Which form should my wife fill out
        this one (B4) http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4eq/README.html

        or this one
        (B4A) http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4abq/README.html

        We're not sure which one to filll out.

        Thanks for any help
        Peter

        --- In immigrationcanada@y..., ahblair <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi acidburn,
        >
        > Everything should be written on the list, but they should be
        grouped
        > (eg. "box of personal clothes" is fine instead of "9 shirts, 14
        > socks, 8 pairs of trousers, etc"). Annex "A" Goods in Possession
        > and Annex "B" Goods to Follow should be submitted, and any
        > posessions you send in the mail should be included in the Goods to
        > Follow list - if not you may be charged duty as if they're not on
        > the list they may not be considered a personal posession. The list
        > to fill out can be found at http://www.ccra-
        > adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4abq/README.html
        >
        > I hope this helps!
        >
        > A Blair
        >

        > --- In immigrationcanada@y..., "acidburn1973" <acidburn1973@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Hello everyone
        > >
        > > I have a question redgarding the Goods to follow list.
        > >
        > > My wife has reacently received her immigration visa (from Poland)
        > >
        > > Now we don't know how to make up the list of goods she's going to
        > > bring to canada.
        > >
        > > I know 1 list has to be for goods she is bringing in her luggage,
        > and
        > > the other with goods to follow.
        > >
        > > The problem is we don't know what exactly they want on the list.
        > > Every single item listed? (eg. 5 pais of sox and their value??)
        > > Or just the more valuable items. Should clothing be included?
        > >
        > > Most of her luggage is going to be summer clothing. She wants to
        > send
        > > the remaining clothing by post. So should this clothing be listed
        > on
        > > the goods to follow list??
        > >
        > > Thank you for any information youcan give me
        > >
        > > Peter
      • jamiecolinguard
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
          it dosen't really matter which one you use, i had friends who wrote a
          list out on paper and if customs wanted a special form they would
          just copy it at the border. others used only B4. if i were you id
          use B4 for what youre bringing into the country with you and B4A for
          things that will follow.

          jamie