Goods to follow list????

  • acidburn1973
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2002
      Hello everyone

      I have a question redgarding the Goods to follow list.

      My wife has reacently received her immigration visa (from Poland)

      Now we don't know how to make up the list of goods she's going to
      bring to canada.

      I know 1 list has to be for goods she is bringing in her luggage, and
      the other with goods to follow.

      The problem is we don't know what exactly they want on the list.
      Every single item listed? (eg. 5 pais of sox and their value??)
      Or just the more valuable items. Should clothing be included?

      Most of her luggage is going to be summer clothing. She wants to send
      the remaining clothing by post. So should this clothing be listed on
      the goods to follow list??

      Thank you for any information youcan give me

      Peter
    • ahblair
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
        Hi acidburn,

        Everything should be written on the list, but they should be grouped
        (eg. "box of personal clothes" is fine instead of "9 shirts, 14
        socks, 8 pairs of trousers, etc"). Annex "A" Goods in Possession
        and Annex "B" Goods to Follow should be submitted, and any
        posessions you send in the mail should be included in the Goods to
        Follow list - if not you may be charged duty as if they're not on
        the list they may not be considered a personal posession. The list
        to fill out can be found at http://www.ccra-
        adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4abq/README.html

        I hope this helps!

        A Blair

        --- In immigrationcanada@y..., "acidburn1973" <acidburn1973@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hello everyone
        >
        > I have a question redgarding the Goods to follow list.
        >
        > My wife has reacently received her immigration visa (from Poland)
        >
        > Now we don't know how to make up the list of goods she's going to
        > bring to canada.
        >
        > I know 1 list has to be for goods she is bringing in her luggage,
        and
        > the other with goods to follow.
        >
        > The problem is we don't know what exactly they want on the list.
        > Every single item listed? (eg. 5 pais of sox and their value??)
        > Or just the more valuable items. Should clothing be included?
        >
        > Most of her luggage is going to be summer clothing. She wants to
        send
        > the remaining clothing by post. So should this clothing be listed
        on
        > the goods to follow list??
        >
        > Thank you for any information youcan give me
        >
        > Peter
      • acidburn1973
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
          Thank you for your reply

          Now I have another question.

          Which form should my wife fill out
          this one (B4) http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4eq/README.html

          or this one
          (B4A) http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4abq/README.html

          We're not sure which one to filll out.

          Thanks for any help
          Peter

          --- In immigrationcanada@y..., ahblair <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hi acidburn,
          >
          > Everything should be written on the list, but they should be
          grouped
          > (eg. "box of personal clothes" is fine instead of "9 shirts, 14
          > socks, 8 pairs of trousers, etc"). Annex "A" Goods in Possession
          > and Annex "B" Goods to Follow should be submitted, and any
          > posessions you send in the mail should be included in the Goods to
          > Follow list - if not you may be charged duty as if they're not on
          > the list they may not be considered a personal posession. The list
          > to fill out can be found at http://www.ccra-
          > adrc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4abq/README.html
          >
          > I hope this helps!
          >
          > A Blair
          >

          > --- In immigrationcanada@y..., "acidburn1973" <acidburn1973@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hello everyone
          > >
          > > I have a question redgarding the Goods to follow list.
          > >
          > > My wife has reacently received her immigration visa (from Poland)
          > >
          > > Now we don't know how to make up the list of goods she's going to
          > > bring to canada.
          > >
          > > I know 1 list has to be for goods she is bringing in her luggage,
          > and
          > > the other with goods to follow.
          > >
          > > The problem is we don't know what exactly they want on the list.
          > > Every single item listed? (eg. 5 pais of sox and their value??)
          > > Or just the more valuable items. Should clothing be included?
          > >
          > > Most of her luggage is going to be summer clothing. She wants to
          > send
          > > the remaining clothing by post. So should this clothing be listed
          > on
          > > the goods to follow list??
          > >
          > > Thank you for any information youcan give me
          > >
          > > Peter
        • jamiecolinguard
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
            it dosen't really matter which one you use, i had friends who wrote a
            list out on paper and if customs wanted a special form they would
            just copy it at the border. others used only B4. if i were you id
            use B4 for what youre bringing into the country with you and B4A for
            things that will follow.

            jamie