952Re: [Immigration Canada] 73 points, what to do?

  • kiaratot
    Aug 31, 2003
      They've sent their application to the Buffalo consulate on January
      2002 so they should be under the 75-point rule. That's why I'm
      wondering how they were able to make it given that they only had 73
      points. Their interview got waived, done their medicals and they are
      about to send their passports to the Buffalo Consulate this coming
      week. They have lots of funds and one of them have a masters degree
      so maybe that played a role.

      --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, "Elze" <elzes@y...> wrote:
      > --- In immigrationcanada@yahoogroups.com, "kiaratot"
      <easalomon@h...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I have two friends (husband and wife) who had the same score (73)
      > > and they just got landing approval from the Buffalo consulate last
      > > week!!!
      >
      > But did they apply before December 31, 2001 or after? For
      applications
      > submitted before that date, only 70 points were required. For
      > applications submitted after, 75 points are needed.
      >
      > I doubt that someone who submitted their application after Dec 31,
      > 2001 would have already been approved -- it seems too soon to me. I
      > know people who applied in January of 2002 (to Buffalo) and haven't
      > even got their initial assessment yet! Or they got an initial
      > assessment that's very vague and is followed up by requests for more
      > information. So, for someone who applied in 2002, it's too early to
      be
      > approved. So my guess is that your friends applied before the cutoff
      > date and their application was considered under the 70 point rule.
      >
      > But if that's not the case -- if they really applied in 2002 and
      were
      > evaluated under the 75 point rule -- please let me know, I'm really
      > interested.
      >
      > Elze
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic