2034Re: [Immigration Canada] gay marriage

  • mimikos athanassiadis
    Apr 5, 2007
      You can apply to Immigrate to Canada and your partner
      can accompany you but NOT in the sponsorship category
      as the previous email indicated as you are not a
      Canadian citizen. The fact that your partner is
      illegally in the US may have some consequences on your
      application as well.

      Please contact me should you have any further
      questions.

      Best regards,

      Mimikos Athanassiadis
      Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
      3438 Hutchison Street
      Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
      Tel: 514-849-7345
      Fax:514-904-9581
      mimikoslaw@...

      No content of this email should be construed as a
      legal opinion. Only a professional consultation with a
      lawyer should be undertaken for a proper legal
      consultation.

      Member of the Quebec Bar Association-www.barreau.qc.ca
      Member of the Quebec Immigration lawyers
      Association-www.aqaadi.com

      --- Brad <ftlbrad@...> wrote:

      > My question is, I am an American and my partner is
      > Mexican. He has
      > been in the USA for almost 15 years, he is an
      > illegal Alien. If we get
      > married in one of the states that has legalized gay
      > marriage, will this
      > help in the future to get some legal status in
      > Canada. We have been
      > together for 5 years and we have domestic
      > partnership through my
      > company. Where is the gay & lesbian movement going
      > with the immigration
      > situation in this country, several other countries
      > already have
      > reconized this issue. Please help.

      Mimikos Athanassiadis
      Avocat/Barrister & Solicitor
      3438 Hutchison Street
      Montreal, Qc H2X 2G4
      Tel: (514) 849-7345
      Fax: (514) 904-9581

      No content of this email should be construed as a legal opinion. Only a professional consultation with a lawyer should be undertaken for a proper legal consultation.

      Member of the Quebec Bar Association-www.barreau.qc.ca
      Member of the Quebec Immigration lawyers Association- www.aqaadi.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic