1381Re: [Immigration Canada] About IELTS

  • vishal vadodaria
    Mar 1, 2004
      Dear manoj,
      If you are aiming for interview waiver
      you should aim for 7 in each band.
      this should give you a very good score
      in your language section during your points
      evaluation andf might substantially increase
      your chances of an interview waiver to the
      maximum.

      think about it this way.. this is the only
      test which the canadian high commission believes
      The other things such as education, experience
      etc can all be widely different and there is no
      concrete basis to evaluate them.

      i think even during the interview one of
      their intention might be to evaluate you
      competency in english.

      in my case it even gave me a quick inital
      screening. otherwise my screening was pending
      since Aug 2000. i gave ielts in jan 2003
      and got waiver in march 2003.

      hope this helps.
      .V

      --- Manoj koshti <manoj_koshti@...> wrote:

      > Hi Vishal
      >
      > What should be the minimum score ?
      >
      > Regards
      > Manoj
      > vishal vadodaria <vishalrv1@...> wrote:
      > Not only it is required but also its very important.
      > in my case i got an interview waiver just because of
      > ielts score.
      >
      > --- sumanth nath wrote:
      > > yup its required for PR status
      > >
      > > spark fusion wrote:Hello