[TwinCLinG] Re: No Subject

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 11, 2000
      Thus spake Anu Radha :

      >ISDN line. We have the normal unlimited account also. In my system internal
      >modem card is there. I want to activate that card. So need the procedure
      >what I have to follow. Please suggest me.

      Internal modem card is likely to be a winmodem (can run only under
      windows). Better go for an external modem. See http://www.winmodems.org

      --
      Suresh Ramasubramanian | mail : suresh at kcircle dot com
      K-Circle Quizzing Club | Y.M.C.A Secunderabad, A.P, India
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 12, 2000
        --- Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh@...> wrote:

        > Thus spake Anu Radha :
        >
        > >ISDN line. We have the normal unlimited account
        > also. In my system internal
        > >modem card is there. I want to activate that card.
        > So need the procedure
        > >what I have to follow. Please suggest me.
        >
        > Internal modem card is likely to be a winmodem (can
        > run only under
        > windows). Better go for an external modem. See
        > http://www.winmodems.org

        I thought i'd stay away fer a while, but kindling
        Suresh
        IS one of muh pastimes. So here am I! ;-)

        not ALL internal modems are winmodems. ONLY the PCI
        modems
        are winmodems. And EVEN in PCI modems, the Lucent
        modem
        IS supported under Linux. Heck, i was using an
        internal 14.4
        modem 6 monthz ago. and was i satisfied with it! ;-)
        Hey it DID run under linux! ;-)

        Suresh - look b4 ya leap! ;-)

        > Check out http://linuxindia.virtualave.net and
        > http://www.exocore.com/linux for PCQ RH6.1 and
        > Linux
        > Related FAQs

        > Apply NOW!
        >
        > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document
        > Vault
        > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ilughyd/?m=1

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • Nick Hill
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 26, 2000
          hi. it depends if u're internal modem is an ISA or a
          PCI. if it happens to be a PCI modem, except for
          Lucent modems, NO other PCI modems are supported under
          Linux, as the PCI modems are controller-less modems,
          which need a software driver to control them, which
          isn't available on Linux - thus the name WinModems.

          If u're having an ISA modem, tho, u'll just have to
          figure out which COM port u're modem is on, and then
          give the application u are using to connect, the port
          device. The following may help u:

          COM1 : /dev/ttyS0
          COM2 : /dev/ttyS1
          .
          .
          .

          Just give the device (instead of /dev/modem), to
          whatever application u maybe using - gnome-ppp, kppp,
          or plain ol' minicom! ;-)

          Nikhil.

          --- Anu Radha <radha_ramesh97@...> wrote:

          > Sir,
          >
          > At present we are having external modem of ISDN
          > (ZyXel make). In this we are
          > having internal modem card aslo. I want to activate
          > the internal mode and
          > remove the external one. Please suggest me what I
          > haev to do.
          >
          > Thanking you
          >
          > anuradha

          > Check out http://linuxindia.virtualave.net and