[OT] Nice discussion this,

  • Aditya <vprataprao@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      I stumbled upon this and thought others might like to join in -
      http://www.linuxnewbie.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=82390

      It certainly is very interesting discussion.
      Aditya Pratap V.
    • bala suramanyam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
        "Aditya <vprataprao@...>" <vprataprao@...> wrote:Hi,
        I stumbled upon this and thought others might like to join in -
        http://www.linuxnewbie.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=82390

        It certainly is very interesting discussion.
        Aditya Pratap V.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        This article is prejudiced and incorrect picture of the everglorious windows and the linux......I once upon a time depended on Windows.....I became expert in using CTR+ALT+DEL, and reinstalling......

        So I migrated to Linux....I use Windows only when I cannot get the needed software -drivers for various applications in Linux.In all cases where there are drivers, Linux gives better results- there are fewer viruses, no reinstallations, very few crashes. Linux documentations is far better.There is no need for defragmentation.....

        I sympathise with the writer - in Indian vernacular there is a saying that the goat believes the butcher - or the one who kills it, but not a wellwisher. So long as people do not really-logically-think proprietory systems which are in reality poorer in quality - will be thought of as being excellent,while really good operating systems like Linux/FreeBSD will not be appreciated....

        But an intelligent person who uses Linux rather than Windows does get better service, will be happier and with reason...If some people throw away lot of money for proprietory software -when top quality software is freely avaiable,we pity them..

        G.BALASUBRAHMANYAM