Re: [TwinCLinG] Re: Re:Re: [OT]How to ask questions the smart way

  • Raghuram Vijapurapu
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2002
      Sankha Subhra Som wrote:

      >>How do you define freedom?
      >>

      >[snip]
      >1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity,
      >coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or
      >restraint or from the power of another :
      >;-) Tat my friend is freedom as defined in Merriam Webster.
      >Truly in the spirit of Linux.
      >(a)Nobody forced me into using Linux.
      >(b)Freedom from the slavery of Microsoft, that manifests in the propreitory
      >file formats, endless licensing..
      >[snip]

      I was just wondering what sort of applications you develop. Do you say
      "Oh these guys are running MicroShit stuff and I will not provide a
      solution for them". I hope you would have read the Linux Advocasy page,
      this details a real outlook towards freedom. And in real world situation
      no software is close to the freedom the earlier link or your pharse
      defines.

      >>I do have a Mac Freak as my collegue, when I see him working I feel
      >>jealous of his Mac Desktop, though "IN FREEDOM TERMS" he is not having
      >>the freedom. I feel he is very satisfied with what ever he has and he is
      >>using. And more over he is proud that he is using a great software. Do
      >>you think he is not having the freedom. And believe me FREEDOM is for
      >>people WHO BELIEVE in IT and UNDERSTAND what it is, and its too personal
      >>and relative.
      >>I believe Freedom is all about "Live an Let Live". When I am working, I
      >>work for myself, for my Satisfaction and for my personal quest.
      >>

      >[snip]
      >Freedom can never give you satisfaction.If freedom gives you satisfaction
      >then there's no meaning to the liberty to explore and experiment.
      >Freedom gives u the liberty to explore, seek new horizons, find them and then
      >seek newer horizons.Thats freedom for moa. Now do i sound philosophical or a
      >complete idiot ;-)
      >COMMENTS FOLKS

      You are very modest to describe yourself so well ;)

      Ram.

      --
      *Raghuram Vijapurapu*
      SentryBay Corporation

    • Sankha Subhra Som
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2002
        >I was just wondering what sort of applications you develop.
        [snip]
        Was that a question or some rumination of yours that you decided to pen down.
        [snip]
        >Do you say "Oh these guys are running MicroShit stuff and I will not provide
        >solution for them". I hope you would have read the Linux Advocasy page,
        >this details a real outlook towards freedom. And in real world situation
        >no software is close to the freedom the earlier link or your pharse
        >defines.
        [snip]
        :-0 When did i say that????
        I said if i was an individual or a company with a *FREE* attitude, i wouldnt
        coerce other people into using something thats not the best thing in the
        market and stifles competition.
        [snip]
        >You are very modest to describe yourself so well ;)
        [snip]
        MODESTY always was my forte ;-)
        [snip]
        Sankha
        --
        SANKHA SUBHRA SOM
        ATC - BIOINFORMATICS

        An anonymous digitoid
        OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?
      • Raghuram Vijapurapu
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 4, 2002
          Sankha Subhra Som wrote:

          >>I was just wondering what sort of applications you develop.
          >>

          >[snip]
          >Was that a question or some rumination of yours that you decided to pen down.
          >[snip]
          >

          >>Do you say "Oh these guys are running MicroShit stuff and I will not provide
          >>

          > >solution for them". I hope you would have read the Linux Advocasy page,
          >

          >>this details a real outlook towards freedom. And in real world situation
          >>no software is close to the freedom the earlier link or your pharse
          >>defines.

          All these snips are one BIG SNIP, not individual snips. Only problem
          with me is that, I am getting too much of kiwi'

          >[snip]
          >:-0 When did i say that????
          >I said if i was an individual or a company with a *FREE* attitude, i wouldnt
          >coerce other people into using something thats not the best thing in the
          >market and stifles competition.
          >[snip]

          Yeah! when you are at job, and you wish to give the right solution to
          the problem you would not look for options. This is what I meant! *FREE*
          is only for yourself.

          >>You are very modest to describe yourself so well ;)

          Good Keep up the attitude :)

          >[snip]
          >MODESTY always was my forte ;-)
          >[snip]
          >Sankha

          Ram.

          --
          *Raghuram Vijapurapu*
          SentryBay Corporation

        • Sankha Subhra Som
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 5, 2002
            *NO MORE SNIPS / OR SNIPES* ;-)
            Lets cut it short at this. If you have something interesting to read please
            post it.Im thirsting for some good reads.
            Chao
            Sankha
            --
            SANKHA SUBHRA SOM
            ATC - BIOINFORMATICS

            An anonymous digitoid
            I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.