Re: [TwinCLinG] Hindustan Times article ........ thought provoking!

  • KGM Prasad
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
      <Here it is claimed that the total cost of ownership of Win 2k
      servers is less than Linux based servers.

      I think it is a My-crow saw-ft based terrorism...

      Just neglect it...

      Regards

      Prasad

    • Raghuram Vijapurapu
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
        KGM Prasad wrote:

        ><Here it is claimed that the total cost of ownership of Win 2k
        >servers is less than Linux based servers.
        >
        >I think it is a My-crow saw-ft based terrorism...
        >
        >Just neglect it...
        >
        >Regards
        >
        >Prasad

        This was first seen on IDC. Neway there is a hell a big troll on /. :
        http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/02/12/03/1326254.shtml?tid=106

        The most interesting of other artcles which I have come across are
        atleast pictures what exactly and how is the cost calculated:
        http://www.ibm.com/linux/RFG-LinuxTCO-vFINAL-Jul2002.pdf

        Ram.
        --
        *Raghuram Vijapurapu*
        SentryBay Corporation

      • Dileep M. Kumar
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
          On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:17:56PM +0530, KGM Prasad wrote:

          >>><Here it is claimed that the total cost of ownership of Win 2k
          >>>servers is less than Linux based servers.

          MS$ may come with cheaper solutions if the competition go high. But
          that's not the real problem.

          We have to give more importance to Freedom, which no proprietary
          companies can offer.

          Pls read this - http://forum.gnu.org.in/1016695648/index_html

          .''`. Dileep M. Kumar <dileep@...>
          : :' : http://www.kumarayil.net
          `. `'`
          `- Debian GNU/Linux - Choice of the Freedom Lovers