Re: [TwinCLinG] Red Hat 8.0 & Mandrake 9.0

  • Chandra Kanth Chereddi
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002
      On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 02:52, Hrishikesh Das wrote:
      > Actually i have d/l both of them and installed them ,
      > but in both of them my sis 900 lan card is not
      > detected :( so i have removed both of them,

      what does the vendor have to say about this???

      CCK.
    • Surya Kiran
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2002
        Hi Yaswanth,

        Thanks for a faster reply. please let me know how do i get in touch with you
        and when also how many CD's am i supposed to bring.

        Regards,
        Surya Kiran C
        System Administrator
        www.inspira.com
        Inspira Technologies
        (An ISO 9001 company)

        # 8-3-214/2,
        Srinivas Colony (West),
        Ameerpet,
        Hyderabad - 500 038.
        INDIA
        Tel: +91-40-374 0433, 6581348
        Fax: +91-40-375 6170

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2002
          The vendor i.e SIS says that the SIS900 lan is fully
          supported in linux kernels that are quite older. Is it
          because of some setting in the mobo Bios ??? I have
          set plug and play OS = no, but rest all PCI IRQ's are
          on auto,

          Also is the audigy sound card supported ?

          Looks like i might have to buy a new network card :(

          Hrishi.

          --- Chandra Kanth Chereddi <kanth@...> wrote:
          > On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 02:52, Hrishikesh Das wrote:
          > > Actually i have d/l both of them and installed
          > them ,
          > > but in both of them my sis 900 lan card is not
          > > detected :( so i have removed both of them,
          >

          > what does the vendor have to say about this???
          >
          > CCK.

          =====
          Computer Configuration:
          Pentium 4 2.53 Ghz + Asus P4S8X Mobo,
          512 MB XMS DDR 400 CAS 2 RAM,
          ATI Radeon 9700 pro, Creative Audigy Gamer,
          120 GB WD Special Edition HDD, 16X DVD,
          48X12X48X Liteon CDWriter,
          21" KDS Monitor, Klipsch Promedia 5.1.
        • Yasaswi Srinivas Mallampalli ( GMX )
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 4, 2002
            Hi Hrishikesh ,

            Try this brand of NIC...Its nice and cheap too ...

            Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

            Bye

            Happy Browsing !

            Yasaswi Srinivas M

          • Chandra Kanth Chereddi
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 4, 2002
              On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 14:28, Hrishikesh Das wrote:
              > The vendor i.e SIS says that the SIS900 lan is fully
              > supported in linux kernels that are quite older. Is it
              > because of some setting in the mobo Bios ??? I have
              > set plug and play OS = no, but rest all PCI IRQ's are
              > on auto,

              Yes audigys are suported as far as my knowledge goes. Why dont you use
              uer DEFAULT settings avail in uer BIOS. Best way to beat all config
              errors. Buy a new card ???... may be not for such a silly reason...

              CCK
            • smitha edavel
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2002
                my cd writer is not detected by red hat 7.3. infact
                its detected as a cd rom drive kindly help

                http://faith.yahoo.com
              • T VEERAGANESH
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 10, 2002
                  please try xcd roast it will detect also try scsi emulation this is the only way ide cd writers maximum work on linux.or try gnometoaster which comes in mandrake or get it from the net.also there are many other free softwares for Writing in linux.

                  bye

                  please fell to ask.i a ganesh from vizag.u can call me at 9848482930

                  have a nice day

                  Yahoo! Properties Special Buy, sell, rent...your flat, or even post an ad