How To Send Emails to The Admnistrator if there is any problem with the webserver

  • Adinarayana
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      Hello All,

      I want to add some new fetures to the Administration at my office. Till now
      we are using NT and now we are planning to shift to Linux, so I started
      working on linux. I know how to write Scripts in linux and want to write
      some scripts to automate some of our routine tasks.

      First I want to start with sending emails to the administrator if there is
      any problem with the webserver. can any one tell me how to approach to this
      problem .

      Thank You
      Adi.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002
        +++ Adinarayana <Wednesday 01 May 2002 16:11>:
        > I want to add some new fetures to the Administration at my office. Till now
        > we are using NT and now we are planning to shift to Linux, so I started
        > working on linux. I know how to write Scripts in linux and want to write
        > some scripts to automate some of our routine tasks.
        > First I want to start with sending emails to the administrator if there is
        > any problem with the webserver. can any one tell me how to approach to this
        > problem .

        Save yourself the trouble of starting from scratch - install "netsaint"

        -srs
        --
        Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh <@> kcircle.com
        Friday@... + http://www.kcircle.com