Re: [TwinCLinG] Website volunteers

  • Balaji N
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002
      hi sharat,
      looks like we need to add the email ids in the contacts html page.

      instead of giving the personal email id's of the moderators and owners
      give the ilughyd-moderator@yah... and ilughyd-owner@ya... in the
      contacts page.
      -balaji

      --
      Murphy's Law Collections!!!
      ***************************
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002
        > And also I need the webmaster Sharat to list out what skill set >is
        required how many ppl are required etc.

        Its not a question of skill here. The main problem is the time. Anyone who
        can update the main page regularly should be good enuf. I guess Balaji was
        ready for help so if he can find enuf time to update the page constantly,
        then i'll be happy if he can join. Balaji whatsay ?

        ciaosters,
        Sharat Gajulapalli
        http://www.sharat.tk
        --

      • Sharat
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002
          Hi, Balaji

          Thanx for joining.

          > The design is cute and great.
          Thanx

          > 2. Any link which points outside our website should open in >another
          window. What do others say/
          Not a big deal et all, can be dun. What others say ?

          Sharat
          http://www.sharat.tk
          --

        • Sharat
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002

            > 1. None of the items in the main menu fit in the boxes properly,
            > of them appear split like ...
            Hmmm. I was expecting this problem to come up. Ive tried it out in most of
            the browsers and thot the modification I've dun had fit well. Ok, ill try
            and make it better now.
            neways, in which browser did u find this distortion (or whatever you call
            it) ?

            > 3. what does the 'ing' in TwinCling mean?

            > 4. Most of the page is empty!
            We will start updating the main page constantly.

            Sharat
            http://www.sharat.tk
            --

          • -�paz-
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002
              ummm, in my opinion, or my 2 cents, I really dont like that TARGET=new feature...

              If at all someone wants that particular window to open up separately, he can always shift+click (win) or rightclick-> new window.. and many dont do that.

              But that feature will open EVERY page in a new window whether you want it or not, and there is no option to stop it too :/.. kinda annoying innit?

              -S

              --- message from "Sharat" <gsharat@...> attached:

            • Ani Adarsh
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002
                -§paz- wrote:
                > ummm, in my opinion, or my 2 cents, I really dont like that TARGET=new
                > feature...

                I thought only links outside our site would be opened in a new window
                wasn't that the original suggestion. wher'd this talk of all pages
                opening in new windows come ? isn't that right.

                Cheers
                Ani Adarsh

              • Balaji N
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002
                  done
                  -balaji
                  On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 20:18, Sharat wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  > > And also I need the webmaster Sharat to list out what skill set >is
                  > required how many ppl are required etc.
                  >
                  > Its not a question of skill here. The main problem is the time. Anyone who
                  > can update the main page regularly should be good enuf. I guess Balaji was
                  > ready for help so if he can find enuf time to update the page constantly,
                  > then i'll be happy if he can join. Balaji whatsay ?
                  >
                  > ciaosters,
                  > Sharat Gajulapalli
                  > http://www.sharat.tk
                  Murphy's Law Collections!!!
                  ***************************
                  A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
                  ***************************
                • Balaji N
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 1, 2002
                    On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 02:08, Ani Adarsh wrote:
                    > -§paz- wrote:
                    > > ummm, in my opinion, or my 2 cents, I really dont like that TARGET=new
                    > > feature...
                    >
                    > I thought only links outside our site would be opened in a new window
                    > wasn't that the original suggestion. wher'd this talk of all pages
                    > opening in new windows come ? isn't that right.
                    exactly. only the links outside our website will open in a new window.

                    --
                    Murphy's Law Collections!!!
                    ***************************
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 2, 2002
                      Cuz someone suggested about it.

                      --- message from Ani Adarsh <big_boy_adarsh@...> attached:

                    • Ani Adarsh
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 2, 2002
                        -§paz- wrote:

                        > Cuz someone suggested about it.

                        Sorry i must've missed that message.
                        The change will be that only sites outside our site open in a new window.
                        If u have time and are interested spaz, u can contribute better to the
                        website by being in the team with Sharat, Balaji and Gopi. What about it.

                        Cheers
                        Ani Adarsh

                      • -�paz-
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 3, 2002
                          >Sorry i must've missed that message.
                          >The change will be that only sites outside our site open in a new >window.
                          >If u have time and are interested spaz, u can contribute better to the
                          >website by being in the team with Sharat, Balaji and Gopi. What about >it.

                          I would if i didnt have these mood swings from Linux/Windows.. moreover im not a dedicated person, So this may leave others grumbling at me for not doing something they wanted me to do in stipulated time.

                          Moreover, its a good team we already have :)

                          -S