Re: [TwinCLinG] [IMPORTANT] [MODERATOR] Meeting Details

  • Lakshmikanth
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2002
      Rajive [Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:36:03PM +0530]

      > >And for this months meet, I think we need someone again to volunteer for
      > >a session or someone should request for a session, I do remember that
      > >someone did ask for a Clustering Session and we can do that I guess, but
      >
      > I would like to give a half hr toutorial on clustering in linux mainly
      Beowulf and MPI. Demo wouldn't be possible i guess .. >we need soem time to
      set up the cluster.

      thankx for including Clustering Session again this time. i have missed the
      last session.

      ---
      plk.

    • prasadkgm
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5, 2002
        > a session or someone should request for a session, I do remember
        that
        > someone did ask for a Clustering Session and we can do that I
        guess, but

        Thanks Raghu. It was me who asked for it.

        Thanks again

        Prasad
      • big_boy_adarsh
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 5, 2002
          ONLINE MEDIA SOLUTIONS
          Ph: 3233444 , 3228960 .
          Best of luck

          i get linked up today. Will tell u exactly how the network is after
          that ...

          Cheers
          Ani Adarsh

          --- In ilughyd@y..., "K. Ghosh" <kghosh22@y...> wrote:
          > big_boy_adarsh wrote:
          > >
          > > Guys ,
          > > I checked out the options for conectivity and i've got what i
          > > think is a good one .. 3k initial + 1k pm = 24hrs a day 7days a
          > > week connectivity @ >= 4kbps is what they claim.
          > >

          > Can you please give the name/telephone/e-mail-id of your service
          > provider ?
          >
          > - K.Ghosh

        • sarat_n2080
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 7, 2002
            hi,

            Since a session on clustering .., MPI is on the cards, i guess it
            will nice have a slot for PVM in it.
            I am doing some work on Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM) and would be
            glad to be given an opprtunity to make a presentation on PVM during
            your clustering session.

            sarat
          • Nick Hill
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 7, 2002
              hi,

              that would nicely make for a BoF session! yay! :) Let the flames begin!
              :D

              Nikhil.

              PS: BoF=Birds of a Feather, before you get any oth' ideas down the
              spine! ;)

              --
              Nikhil Shankar (nikhilwiz at yahoo.com)

              Slackware Linux http://www.slackware.com/
              I guess that's why people care: Simplicity is Divine.