Re: Meeting Details

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2002
      +++ Raghuram Vijapurapu [05/02/02 23:14 +0530]:
      > cover a lot of things for us. Especially the "CHAI" which they give us
      > ;), Suresh I am sure Ur missing the CHAI now ;). I feel this venue suits

      Family, Friends, Irani Chai, Biryani, KCircle, Ilug-Hyd. Missing lots of
      things, stuck here in HK :(

      Hope to be back around Dussehra / Diwali, so should be able to attend at
      least one ilughyd meeting around oct / nov. I'll post before I come over, in
      case someone wants downloaded stuff / burnt CDs etc.

      -srs
      --
      Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh <@> kcircle.com
      Friday@... + http://www.kcircle.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5, 2002
        Rajive [Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:36:03PM +0530]

        > >And for this months meet, I think we need someone again to volunteer for
        > >a session or someone should request for a session, I do remember that
        > >someone did ask for a Clustering Session and we can do that I guess, but
        >
        > I would like to give a half hr toutorial on clustering in linux mainly
        Beowulf and MPI. Demo wouldn't be possible i guess .. >we need soem time to
        set up the cluster.

        thankx for including Clustering Session again this time. i have missed the
        last session.

        ---
        plk.

      • prasadkgm
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 5, 2002
          > a session or someone should request for a session, I do remember
          that
          > someone did ask for a Clustering Session and we can do that I
          guess, but

          Thanks Raghu. It was me who asked for it.

          Thanks again

          Prasad
        • big_boy_adarsh
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 5, 2002
            ONLINE MEDIA SOLUTIONS
            Ph: 3233444 , 3228960 .
            Best of luck

            i get linked up today. Will tell u exactly how the network is after
            that ...

            Cheers
            Ani Adarsh

            --- In ilughyd@y..., "K. Ghosh" <kghosh22@y...> wrote:
            > big_boy_adarsh wrote:
            > >
            > > Guys ,
            > > I checked out the options for conectivity and i've got what i
            > > think is a good one .. 3k initial + 1k pm = 24hrs a day 7days a
            > > week connectivity @ >= 4kbps is what they claim.
            > >

            > Can you please give the name/telephone/e-mail-id of your service
            > provider ?
            >
            > - K.Ghosh

          • sarat_n2080
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 7, 2002
              hi,

              Since a session on clustering .., MPI is on the cards, i guess it
              will nice have a slot for PVM in it.
              I am doing some work on Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM) and would be
              glad to be given an opprtunity to make a presentation on PVM during
              your clustering session.

              sarat
            • Nick Hill
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 7, 2002
                hi,

                that would nicely make for a BoF session! yay! :) Let the flames begin!
                :D

                Nikhil.

                PS: BoF=Birds of a Feather, before you get any oth' ideas down the
                spine! ;)

                --
                Nikhil Shankar (nikhilwiz at yahoo.com)

                Slackware Linux http://www.slackware.com/
                I guess that's why people care: Simplicity is Divine.