[TwinCLinG] Re: X-Windows

  • raghuram@fastermail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2000
      Hi Guys,

      Asha Wrote:
      Please help me for configuring my X-windows. I have a SIS 3D PRO AGP
      (SIS6326) display adapter. I'm using RH.6. Even if the card is listed
      inthe in the compatibility list, but the autoprobe fails to detect the
      card. Every time it says there is a problem with your vidio ram. I
      also change the card with a new one but still the problem >remains as
      it was.

      ---------------My Reply----------------------
      This is the most common problem found in the Sis 6326 AGP card in
      the Redhat 6.0. You can rectify this by manually just login as root and
      use X configuring utilities like XConfigurator, XFreeconfig.

      Set the resolution to around 640X480 under 8bit mode and the
      configuration should work fine with it. If still U have the same
      problem just try to find a Redhat 6.1 CD and load sis.rpm into u r
      system.

      Sis 6326 is working fine under Redhat 6.1 so if nothing works fine
      with U try to ask some of U r friends to lend a CD for U and if nothing
      happens like that just mail Us back we will be pleased to help U out

      BYE

      Raghuram Vijapurapu