[TwinCLinG] Re: X-windows ...

  • Veda Aranyam
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5 11:27 AM
      Are you guys , Vivekananda and yourself, both working on the same system or
      are you guys loading up a few linuxes ? Both seem to be from Polaris
      <whatever>. Is S.P. Road, Sardar patel Road ? Is that the one on Parade
      ground , or is it the one where Taj Mahal Restaurant is on ?

      Sorry, I haven't used this card and can't help you with X-windows. You may
      want to meddle the config file manually, instead of autoconfiguring it or
      auto-probing it. If RH says your card is supported, it is. Their autoconfig
      routine (in Python if I remeber right), on some versions is broken.
      - Vedaranyam
      In beautiful vermont, USA now. I was in East Marredpally a loong time ago

      >From: "Asha" <asha@...>
      >To: <webmaster@...>
      >CC: <ilughyd@egroups.com>
      >Subject: [TwinCLinG] X-windows ...
      >Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:11:07 +0530
      >From ilughyd-return-607-vedaranyam Sat Feb 05 03:39:38 2000
      >
      >Hi Admins,
      >
      >Please help me for configuring my X-windows. I have a SIS 3D PRO AGP
      >(SIS6326) displayadapter. I'm using RH.6.
      >Even if the card is listed inthe in the compatibility list, but the
      >autoprobe fails to detect the card. Every time it says
      >there is a problem with your vidio ram. I also change the card with a new
      >one but still the problem remains as it was.
      >
      > When I go for manual configuration It gives me an unuseal
      >resolutin. i.e the login dialog box comes in a size of windows.
      >can u please help me out.
      >
      >Thanking You
      >Sanat Mohanty(Product Executive)
      >Orion-Polaris Business solution Group.

      >Check out http://linuxindia.virtualave.net and
      >http://www.exocore.com/linux for PCQ RH6.1 and Linux
      >Related FAQs

      >Want To Be Showered With Kisses?
      >Visit eGroups Valentine Gift Guide

      >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ilughyd&m=1

    • Gurdev Parmar
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5 9:04 PM
        Suse offers drivers for Sis6326 which are quite
        fine with Redhat too. You can go to the following link and get to your driver.

        http://www.suse.de/en/support/xsuse/

        Regards,
        Gurdev.

        P.S.:This query has come to us too many times to
        ignore. How about a link in our ilughyd's main
        page help on X-Servers where we can have more links.

        --

        On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:11:07 Asha wrote:
        >Hi Admins,
        >
        >Please help me for configuring my X-windows. I have a SIS 3D PRO AGP (SIS6326) displayadapter. I'm using RH.6.
        >Even if the card is listed inthe in the compatibility list, but the autoprobe fails to detect the card. Every time it says
        >there is a problem with your vidio ram. I also change the card with a new one but still the problem remains as it was.
        >
        > When I go for manual configuration It gives me an unuseal resolutin. i.e the login dialog box comes in a size of windows.
        >can u please help me out.
        >
        >Thanking You
        >Sanat Mohanty(Product Executive)
        >Orion-Polaris Business solution Group.

        >Check out http://linuxindia.virtualave.net and

        >http://www.exocore.com/linux for PCQ RH6.1 and Linux

        >Related FAQs

        >Want To Be Showered With Kisses?

        >Visit eGroups Valentine Gift Guide

        >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ilughyd&m=1

        MailCity. Secure Email Anywhere, Anytime!
        http://www.mailcity.com
      • Nick Hill
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6 11:43 AM
          Hi there!

          --- Gurdev Parmar <gs_p@...> wrote:
          > P.S.:This query has come to us too many times to
          > ignore. How about a link in our ilughyd's main
          > page help on X-Servers where we can have more links.

          Thank u for the valuable suggestion. We have discussed
          this issue in t'nites meeting, and are going to
          address this as soon as possible. We're planning on
          writing a HUGE database of FAQs which will detail all
          the tasks performed on linux. Keep checking the site
          for updates. And we are all interested in knowing the
          status of www.ilughyd.org. Can Mr. Shinoj please post
          some status on it? Suresh, please mail the user/pass
          of linuxindia.virtualave.net to Vijay and goswami and
          if possible me also. We are planning to accelerate the
          creation of the website. We'll prepare the prototype
          on the existing virtualave site, and then move it to
          the ilughyd.org once RDS hands it over to us. Its time
          to work hard guyz! ;-)

          Nikhil.
          http://im.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6 6:05 PM
            On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, thus spake Nick Hill:

            > writing a HUGE database of FAQs which will detail all
            > the tasks performed on linux. Keep checking the site

            Already being done :)

            Oh yeah, it is http://www.ilug-hyd.org - note the hyphen please.

            > some status on it? Suresh, please mail the user/pass
            > of linuxindia.virtualave.net to Vijay and goswami and

            I don't have it buddy :) When Khader mails me the passwd, I'll ftp it to
            my hard disk. No sense in having plain text files like the howtos - am
            converting them to html format first (with a few fonts - txt2html would
            do, but doesn't look so good).

            > creation of the website. We'll prepare the prototype
            > on the existing virtualave site, and then move it to

            Rather, prepare it on our PCs and directly upload to ilug-hyd.org

            > the ilughyd.org once RDS hands it over to us. Its time
            > to work hard guyz! ;-)

            It's been handed over. I have the login and passwd of ilug-hyd.org (ftp
            only, so no fancy tricks with cgi / ssi) :(

            --
            Suresh Ramasubramanian | mail : suresh at kcircle dot com
            K-Circle Quizzing Club | Y.M.C.A Secunderabad, A.P, India
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6 9:44 PM
              Hi Suresh,
              Can you forward the mail I sent you to the list.
              I forgot to send it to the list.
              Thanks
              Regards
              Khader