[Off topic] Re: [TwinCLinG] Re: stupid disclaimers on list

  • C Santosh Kumar
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2001
      The following is no different from that wipro's junk.
      Like we all ignore this, cant we ignore that too ?
      Why unnecessarily pain that guy to change his subscription :):)

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2001
        +++ C Santosh Kumar [02/10/01 10:12 +0530]:
        > The following is no different from that wipro's junk.
        > Like we all ignore this, cant we ignore that too ?
        > Why unnecessarily pain that guy to change his subscription :):)

        Having that disclaimer on the archived list throws up all kinds of legal
        problems just in case someone from Wipro's legal department wants to be an
        idiot.

        In the meantime I agree - raghu can trim the length of the list footer to
        just two lines.

        --
        Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh <@> kcircle.com
        Friday@... + http://www.kcircle.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2001
          Suresh Ramasubramanian [Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:02:07AM +0530]
          > +++ C Santosh Kumar [02/10/01 10:12 +0530]:
          > > The following is no different from that wipro's junk.
          > > Like we all ignore this, cant we ignore that too ?
          > > Why unnecessarily pain that guy to change his subscription :):)
          >
          > Having that disclaimer on the archived list throws up all kinds of legal
          > problems just in case someone from Wipro's legal department wants to be an
          > idiot.
          >
          > In the meantime I agree - raghu can trim the length of the list footer to
          > just two lines.

          I dont think reducing the length of our lug-mailing signature will help
          us reduce our troubles. Why dont U guys realise that this signature has
          helped us reduce the stupid bandwidth of people asking us "how do
          we unsubscribe", "when is the next meeting".

          I would request you all to please EMAIL ME what do U want in Ur
          signature. I think that would solve our troubles.

          /
          Raghuram Vijapurapu

          STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS
          LINUX - NETWORKING - SECURITY - CORPORATE TRAINING
          raghuram vijapurapu
          raghuram@...|vijapurapu@...|vijapurapu@...
          http://raghuram.virtualave.net||ICQ:58896013||PHONE:++91-040-7817235
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2001
            +++ Raghuram Vijapurapu [03/10/01 23:27 +0530]:
            > I would request you all to please EMAIL ME what do U want in Ur
            > signature. I think that would solve our troubles.

            Well .. aside from longish personal sigs (and pgp / geekcode blocks, and the
            yahoo ad footer), the actual list footer can be trimmed like this

            Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh <@> kcircle.com
            Friday@... + http://www.kcircle.com
            "Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
            tried it." -- Donald Knuth
          • Balaji N
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
              hello everybody,
              port 25 is blocked and hence there is no chance of using some other
              smtp. regarding web mail accounts, the access to the same is a problem.

              isnt there a possiblity to cut out the signature at the server end.
              -bala
              > Folks, if your corporate mailserver inserts disclaimers, please
              > subscribeusing a webmail account - or maybe use some other smtp
              > server (myrealbox,
              > flashmail etc offer authenticated smtp - or if you are on a NATted
              > networkand port 25 is not firewalled out, you can run sendmail on
              > your linux box, or
              > a mail proxy for doze like Mercury - http://www.pmail.com - if you
              > are stuck
              > on 'doze)
              >
              > - --

              ----------

              The Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customer and is intended
              for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
              confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this
              E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent
              of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are
              notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way
              or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail &
              notify us immediately at mailadmin@...

            • Raghuram Vijapurapu
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
                Suresh Ramasubramanian [Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 12:05:14AM +0530]
                > +++ Raghuram Vijapurapu [03/10/01 23:27 +0530]:
                > > I would request you all to please EMAIL ME what do U want in Ur
                > > signature. I think that would solve our troubles.
                >
                > Well .. aside from longish personal sigs (and pgp / geekcode blocks, and the
                > yahoo ad footer), the actual list footer can be trimmed like this

                Check it out now: I hope this is fine with ya. I thought we should
                add out website address.

                /
                Raghuram Vijapurapu

                STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS
                LINUX - NETWORKING - SECURITY - CORPORATE TRAINING
                raghuram vijapurapu
                raghuram@...|vijapurapu@...|vijapurapu@...
                http://raghuram.virtualave.net||ICQ:58896013||PHONE:++91-040-7817235
              • Suresh Ramasubramanian
                • Suresh Ramasubramanian
                  • Upendra N
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
                      Raghuram Vijapurapu wrote:

                      > Check it out now: I hope this is fine with ya. I thought we should
                      > add out website address.

                      Hi,

                      Suresh was also talking about your huge personal .sig

                      --
                      upn
                    • Raghuram Vijapurapu
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
                        Upendra N [Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:17:19PM +0530]
                        > Raghuram Vijapurapu wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Check it out now: I hope this is fine with ya. I thought we should
                        > > add out website address.
                        > >

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > Suresh was also talking about your huge personal .sig

                        I think I have even noticed Suresh's .sig to have increased to hold his
                        PGP too. Neway to keep all these things aside I am a marketing man now ;)

                        And I think everyone gets his share of bandwidth to spoil isn't it :-P

                        I will surely try to reduce my .sig but that needs great amount of my
                        time, which is not available at my discretion at the moment.

                        I cant take anyones advice on this isn't it ;)

                        /
                        Raghuram Vijapurapu

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
                          +++ Raghuram Vijapurapu [05/10/01 00:57 +0530]:
                          > I think I have even noticed Suresh's .sig to have increased to hold his
                          > PGP too. Neway to keep all these things aside I am a marketing man now ;)

                          If it satisfies you I'll stop pgp-signing my mail to this list.

                          --suresh
                          --
                          Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh <@> kcircle.com
                          Friday@... + http://www.kcircle.com
                          I've found my niche. If you're wondering why I'm not there, there was
                          this little hole in the bottom ... -- John Croll
                        • Raghuram Vijapurapu
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
                            Suresh Ramasubramanian [Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:10:16AM +0530]
                            > +++ Raghuram Vijapurapu [05/10/01 00:57 +0530]:
                            > > I think I have even noticed Suresh's .sig to have increased to hold his
                            > > PGP too. Neway to keep all these things aside I am a marketing man now ;)
                            >
                            > If it satisfies you I'll stop pgp-signing my mail to this list.

                            Hey, I was just kidding!

                            No Bad Feelings PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

                            /
                            Raghuram Vijapurapu

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
                              +++ Raghuram Vijapurapu [05/10/01 01:29 +0530]:
                              > Hey, I was just kidding!
                              > No Bad Feelings PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

                              No hassles :)

                              --suresh