Re: [TwinCLinG] Opportunities.

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
      * bsd_linux <03/08/01 18:38 +0530>:
      > Can you please tell what prevent you from reply to the
      > chander@... personally and in what why did you think that the
      > whole group is very much interested in your profile!!!!

      Well, he'd better hurry ... or maybe http://www.naukri.com will return 404
      not found after being kicked from their ISP :)

      -suresh

      --
      Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh@...
      Friday@... + http://kcircle.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
        hi Raghavendra,
        Can you please tell what prevent you from reply to the
        chander@... personally and in what why did you think that the
        whole group is very much interested in your profile!!!!

        Let me remind that this is a group all about GNU/Linux
        and not a recruitment agency. Please exercise some thought before
        posting.

        a very pissed off
        harsha
      • bsd_linux
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
          hi,

          On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:27:38PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
          > * bsd_linux <03/08/01 18:38 +0530>:
          > > Can you please tell what prevent you from reply to the
          > > chander@... personally and in what why did you think that the
          > > whole group is very much interested in your profile!!!!
          >
          > Well, he'd better hurry ... or maybe http://www.naukri.com will return 404
          > not found after being kicked from their ISP :)

          hmmn would they really do it or is just a joke? I would like to know
          what is the status of spamming laws in India? The last time I contacted
          the vsnl help desk regarding a vsnl user spamming me they told me it was
          not in their control and I had to file a police complaint for that!

          regards
          harsha
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
            * bsd_linux <03/08/01 22:35 +0530>:
            > hmmn would they really do it or is just a joke? I would like to know

            It is not a joke at all. Quoting from
            <http://www.verio.net/company/policies/aup.cfm>

            > subscribers violate Verio policy and the service agreement when they, their
            > customers, affiliates, or subsidiaries engage in the following prohibited
            > activities:
            [...]
            > Spamming -- Sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the
            > Internet (known as "spamming"). It is not only harmful because of its
            > negative impact on consumer attitudes toward Verio, but also because it can
            > overload Verio's network and disrupt service to Verio subscribers. Also,
            > maintaining an open SMTP relay is prohibited. When a complaint is received,
            > Verio has the discretion to determine from all of the evidence whether the
            > email recipients were from an "opt-in" email list.

            I know some people from Verio's abuse desk - and can assure you that all this
            verbiage in the AUP is not a joke, as far as they are concerned.

            Then, coming to your point ...

            > what is the status of spamming laws in India? The last time I contacted

            There need be no anti-spamming laws - beyond the fact that VSNL / GIAS own
            terms of use forbid spam. There is one single line "The subscriber shall
            refrain from unsolicited messaging", I believe.

            In fact, if you see a mail which says "this is not spam because it confirms
            to [foo] US law", you can be sure that it IS spam.

            > the vsnl help desk regarding a vsnl user spamming me they told me it was
            > not in their control and I had to file a police complaint for that!

            Idiots. There are some clueful people in VSNL though ... they are working to
            make some kind of a difference.

            -suresh