Re: [TwinCLinG] Opportunities.

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
      * Amarendra Godbole (Intl Vendor) <03/08/01 17:42 +0530>:
      > => If U all wish to give away some files I would request you to
      > => please try
      > ^^^^^^
      >
      > No requests, orders. Sending an attachment, and that to a .doc one is an
      > unpardonable offence ! ;)

      Sorry for the cheap shot - but can you suggest to M$ that they disable the
      "use word as the email editor" in future editions of Outlook? ;)

      <ot>
      BTW folks - I've quit BPL - and am reaching Hyd'bad on Monday. Hope to meet
      y'all ...
      </ot>

      -suresh

      --
      Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh@...
      Friday@... + http://kcircle.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
        * bsd_linux <03/08/01 18:38 +0530>:
        > Can you please tell what prevent you from reply to the
        > chander@... personally and in what why did you think that the
        > whole group is very much interested in your profile!!!!

        Well, he'd better hurry ... or maybe http://www.naukri.com will return 404
        not found after being kicked from their ISP :)

        -suresh

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
          hi Raghavendra,
          Can you please tell what prevent you from reply to the
          chander@... personally and in what why did you think that the
          whole group is very much interested in your profile!!!!

          Let me remind that this is a group all about GNU/Linux
          and not a recruitment agency. Please exercise some thought before
          posting.

          a very pissed off
          harsha
        • bsd_linux
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
            hi,

            On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:27:38PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
            > * bsd_linux <03/08/01 18:38 +0530>:
            > > Can you please tell what prevent you from reply to the
            > > chander@... personally and in what why did you think that the
            > > whole group is very much interested in your profile!!!!
            >
            > Well, he'd better hurry ... or maybe http://www.naukri.com will return 404
            > not found after being kicked from their ISP :)

            hmmn would they really do it or is just a joke? I would like to know
            what is the status of spamming laws in India? The last time I contacted
            the vsnl help desk regarding a vsnl user spamming me they told me it was
            not in their control and I had to file a police complaint for that!

            regards
            harsha
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2001
              * bsd_linux <03/08/01 22:35 +0530>:
              > hmmn would they really do it or is just a joke? I would like to know

              It is not a joke at all. Quoting from
              <http://www.verio.net/company/policies/aup.cfm>

              > subscribers violate Verio policy and the service agreement when they, their
              > customers, affiliates, or subsidiaries engage in the following prohibited
              > activities:
              [...]
              > Spamming -- Sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the
              > Internet (known as "spamming"). It is not only harmful because of its
              > negative impact on consumer attitudes toward Verio, but also because it can
              > overload Verio's network and disrupt service to Verio subscribers. Also,
              > maintaining an open SMTP relay is prohibited. When a complaint is received,
              > Verio has the discretion to determine from all of the evidence whether the
              > email recipients were from an "opt-in" email list.

              I know some people from Verio's abuse desk - and can assure you that all this
              verbiage in the AUP is not a joke, as far as they are concerned.

              Then, coming to your point ...

              > what is the status of spamming laws in India? The last time I contacted

              There need be no anti-spamming laws - beyond the fact that VSNL / GIAS own
              terms of use forbid spam. There is one single line "The subscriber shall
              refrain from unsolicited messaging", I believe.

              In fact, if you see a mail which says "this is not spam because it confirms
              to [foo] US law", you can be sure that it IS spam.

              > the vsnl help desk regarding a vsnl user spamming me they told me it was
              > not in their control and I had to file a police complaint for that!

              Idiots. There are some clueful people in VSNL though ... they are working to
              make some kind of a difference.

              -suresh