Re: [TwinCLinG] Proxy Client for Caldera Linux 6.2

  • ranibrahma@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2001
      Thanks Raghu,

      I gave my proxy server address in my Linux netscape in http and SCOKS
      also.But one of my application which there on Linux box should use
      SCOKS to connect to the internet.For windows if u install proxy
      client it will use SCOKS,but what about Linux.

      I called to ur house,but u went to college it seems.OK once
      again thanks for ur repl.
      Bye
      Brahmaji
      --- In ilughyd@y..., Raghuram Vijapurapu <raghuramvijapurapu@g...>
      wrote:
      > ranibrahma@y... [Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:34:39AM -0000]
      > > Hi
      > > Can any one help to configure my Linux server to use my SCOKS
      proxy
      > > of my NT proxy server.I have NT Proxy server and in the same LAN
      > > have Linux also.I want my Linux server to talk to the internet by
      > > useing SCOKS.
      >
      > U can Specify the proxy server in the netscape. Edit ->
      Preferences ->
      > Advanced -> Proxies.
      >
      > If U want proxy in Lynx search it through www.google.com/linux U
      will
      > find numerous links there.
      >
      > Raghuram Vijapurapu
      >
      > > Thanks
      > > Brahmaji.
      > --
      > AFTER MY CIH EPISODE I LEARNT NEVER TO USE DOZE AGAIN ON MY SYSTEM
      > STATUTORY WARNING: WINDOZE IS HARMFUL TO UR SYSTEM
      > [Raghuram Vijapurapu]
      > [raghuram@s...]|||[raghuramvijapurapu@g...]
      > [webmaster@r...]
      > [http://raghuram.virtualave.net/%5d+[ICQ# 58896013]
      > [PHONE:++91-040-7817235]+[Slackware: Distro with an Attitude]
    • Surya
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2001
        heay can U geme more details like which proxy U'r using on NT and what is the
        app U'r trying to run in Linux......?

        Surya.

        On Friday 04 May 2001 12:21, you wrote:
        > Thanks Raghu,
        >
        > I gave my proxy server address in my Linux netscape in http and SCOKS
        > also.But one of my application which there on Linux box should use
        > SCOKS to connect to the internet.For windows if u install proxy
        > client it will use SCOKS,but what about Linux.
        >
        > I called to ur house,but u went to college it seems.OK once
        > again thanks for ur repl.
        > Bye
        > Brahmaji
        > --- In ilughyd@y..., Raghuram Vijapurapu <raghuramvijapurapu@g...>
        >
        > wrote:
        > > ranibrahma@y... [Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:34:39AM -0000]
        > >
        > > > Hi
        > > > Can any one help to configure my Linux server to use my SCOKS
        >
        > proxy
        >
        > > > of my NT proxy server.I have NT Proxy server and in the same LAN

        > > > have Linux also.I want my Linux server to talk to the internet by
        > > > useing SCOKS.
        > >
        > > U can Specify the proxy server in the netscape. Edit ->
        >
        > Preferences ->
        >
        > > Advanced -> Proxies.
        > >
        > > If U want proxy in Lynx search it through www.google.com/linux U
        >
        > will
        >
        > > find numerous links there.
        > >
        > > Raghuram Vijapurapu
        > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > > Brahmaji.
        > >
        > > --
        > > AFTER MY CIH EPISODE I LEARNT NEVER TO USE DOZE AGAIN ON MY SYSTEM
        > > STATUTORY WARNING: WINDOZE IS HARMFUL TO UR SYSTEM
        > > [Raghuram Vijapurapu]
        > > [raghuram@s...]|||[raghuramvijapurapu@g...]
        > > [webmaster@r...]
        > > [http://raghuram.virtualave.net/%5d+[ICQ# 58896013]
        > > [PHONE:++91-040-7817235]+[Slackware: Distro with an Attitude]
      • Y. Giridhar Appaji Nag
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2001

          > If U want proxy in Lynx search it through www.google.com/linux U will
          > find numerous links there.

          Ref: what Raghuram was suggesting. For lynx you could set the env
          variables http_proxy=http://your.proxy.server:port/ etc. These
          variables can also be changed from the config file of lynx (usu.
          /etc/lynx.cfg or whatever is on your m/c).

          > Can any one help to configure my Linux server to use my SCOKS proxy
          > of my NT proxy server.I have NT Proxy server and in the same LAN I
          > have Linux also.I want my Linux server to talk to the internet useing
          > SCOKS.

          Do you mean to say that you have a client on Linux which _assumes_ a
          direct connection to the internet? i.e. there is no way you can specify
          configuration parameters in that proggie instructing it to use you Win
          NT socks server? (usu. many clients connecting to the net like IE, ICQ,
          netscape have this facility) If this is the case then you can probably
          try to run the program in a "socks" environment.

          This can be done by downloading the NEC socks reference implementation
          from http://www.socks.nec.com/reference/socks5.html and following the
          instructions given in http://www.socks.nec.com/s5use.html and the
          manual page online at http://www.socks.nec.com/man/runsocks.1.html

          There are certain conditions (both technical and political ;-)) to be
          satisfied before this can be used (which can be found in the docs).
          Guess this is what you are looking for.

          -hth,
          Giridhar

          =====
          Y. Giridhar Appaji Nag I hate quotations,
          yganag[at]yahoo[dot]com tell me what you know
          http://want.to.know/really? -Ralph W. Emerson

          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 2001
            I am useing Proxy server 2.0 and we developed one application in C
            and by useing SCOKS Proxy I want to connect to the internet.I think u
            got trouble.Ple help me.It is very Urgent for me.
            Bye
            Brahmaji

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • ranibrahma@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 14, 2001
              Hi
              Can u please give me you phone number,so that I can explain my
              problem and get help from you.
              Thanks
              Brahmaji.

              Message 6 of 8 , May 14, 2001
                > Can u please give me you phone number,so that I can explain my
                > problem and get help from you.

                Hi,

                I am not based in Hyderabad now. So it may not be convenient for you to
                talk over the phone. I hope you've gone through the reply that I had
                sent. If you have anything to ask regarding the doc links that I sent,
                please send the detailed problem. Actually your problem was also not
                very clearly specified so the replies were also fuzzy. If possible, you
                could rephrase the problem and tell the group about it in detail. If
                you have any log messages, send those also (provided they are not too
                big). It would also help if you tell us what your application _exactly_
                does.

                -rgds,
                Giridhar

                =====