more aryan linux - Fw: [LIG] Reply to Mr. Nikhil's Hyderabad team building easy to use operating system

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
      This is going to be fun ...

      ----- Forwarded message from narasimharao <narsi@...> -----

      From: narasimharao <narsi@...>
      Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:44:13 +0530
      To: linux-india-general@...-india.org
      Cc: fred@...
      Subject: [LIG] Reply to Mr. Nikhil's Hyderabad team building easy to use operating system

      Dear Indian Linux user,

      We are writing this in great pain and agony for the kind of response we get
      from some of the users. It is really painful and discouraging.
      Our only sin is that we took this objective of making a "desktop oriented"
      Linux version and to sweeten the taste of "bitterness" in it, as percieved by
      normal (win) user. By that we thought that Linux will have vaster reach than
      merely in the laps of Univ students, technicians and sytem professionals.
      Our sin is to think and act in direction of making it "softer" and friendlier
      for a normal user. We worked to reduce pains at the time of installation and
      added more visual appeal. We tried writing help in language understandable to
      a normal user . Centralized application launchers. worked hard to reduce the
      pain of mounting and unmounting, designed a simpler support sytem, tried
      porting best features of diff distros to reduce pains of users.

      This way we thought we would make our contribution to amazing and helping
      world of Opensource. The complete excercise began to make it available for
      everyone.
      But like another opensource project we had very limited resources and we
      could not afford to pay much attention to "technically" upgrading our
      website, which was created by our sponsorers much before we started working
      for the project. Technically upgrading it meant for us, giving one or two
      programmers from our limited number exclusively for this, working on techs
      like PHP, Apache and Mysql. We needed them for higher priority tasks then.
      But by grace of God and help from os community we are almost through with a
      decent website, less on content more on functionality using os techs (will be
      made available soon).
      We are not sure how our work would be taken by everyone but we know one thing
      that we have given countless sleepless nights, long deserted seasons (no
      dates) , missed lunches, dinners and all that we could have possibly given.
      These efforts by no means a Heresy to "Technically savvy" linux users who
      think knowledge also gives them authority to use such abusive words for
      someone.. perticularly those whom efforts they have not seen or evaluated by
      any means. This does not antagonize us but demonstrates Mr. Nikhil's
      convoluted thinking of being "Mr Coool" and "as I like it" kind of guy.
      But it definitely saddens us as to how some members of our user groups
      react to a cause which has no malice in itself

      Hurt

      We at Aryan

      ----- End forwarded message -----

      --
      Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org
    • gnumumbo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
        > Dear Indian Linux user,
        >
        > We are writing this in great pain and agony for the kind of
        response we get

        Finally we have heard from these guys.and we have awaken thse people .

        > from some of the users. It is really painful and discouraging.
        > Our only sin is that we took this objective of making a "desktop
        oriented"
        > Linux version and to sweeten the taste of "bitterness" in it, as
        percieved by
        > normal (win) user. By that we thought that Linux will have vaster
        reach than
        > merely in the laps of Univ students, technicians and sytem
        professionals.
        > Our sin is to think and act in direction of making it "softer" and
        friendlier
        > for a normal user. We worked to reduce pains at the time of
        installation and
        > added more visual appeal. We tried writing help in language
        understandable to
        > a normal user . Centralized application launchers. worked hard to
        reduce the
        > pain of mounting and unmounting, designed a simpler support sytem,
        tried
        > porting best features of diff distros to reduce pains of users.
        >
        > This way we thought we would make our contribution to amazing and
        helping
        > world of Opensource. The complete excercise began to make it
        available for
        > everyone.
        > But like another opensource project we had very limited resources
        and we
        > could not afford to pay much attention to "technically" upgrading our
        > website, which was created by our sponsorers much before we started
        working
        > for the project. Technically upgrading it meant for us, giving one
        or two
        > programmers from our limited number exclusively for this, working on
        techs
        > like PHP, Apache and Mysql. We needed them for higher priority tasks
        then.
        > But by grace of God and help from os community we are almost through
        with a
        > decent website, less on content more on functionality using os techs
        (will be
        > made available soon).

        well we are looking at the web site since last one year but have not
        seen any thing till now , looking at it since lastone year we feel
        that we are not in a possition to bare any more shit at that web site
        , and we have not aseen till now any thing which you guys(babeees)
        are telling about it and i think u guys have felt the shock after one
        year of we mailing to you and regular mailining.

        > We are not sure how our work would be taken by everyone but we know
        one thing
        > that we have given countless sleepless nights, long deserted seasons
        (no
        > dates) , missed lunches, dinners and all that we could have possibly
        given.
        > These efforts by no means a Heresy to "Technically savvy" linux
        users who
        > think knowledge also gives them authority to use such abusive words for
        > someone.. perticularly those whom efforts they have not seen or
        evaluated by
        > any means. This does not antagonize us but demonstrates Mr. Nikhil's
        > convoluted thinking of being "Mr Coool" and "as I like it" kind of guy.
        > But it definitely saddens us as to how some members of our user
        groups
        > react to a cause which has no malice in itself
        >
        > Hurt

        well i dont think that the the user gorup have made any commnets till now
        regarding the technical issues on your creative (LOL) destro. So that
        we really have hurt you.
        well i still think these people are nothing but a bag of garbage
        who dont know any shit about linux and open source .

        well if u remember Nikhil we have not seen these guys in any linux
        meetings till now ... lets wait for these strange babees in the meet.
        and ansewer all the technical isseues which we have .