Re: [LIG] [ilug-goa] LINK: Hyderabad team building easy to use operating system

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
      Very very interesting. For what it's worth, Mr. Rao, quite a few ilug-hyd
      members *have* contacted you. Repeatedly. To point out assorted
      inconsistencies and holes in your so-called "distro".

      Try searching the archives at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/ilughyd for
      more.

      -suresh

      narasimharao [Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 04:36:21PM +0530]:

    • gnumumbo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
        > > Dear Mr. Ramasubramaniam,
        > >
        > > Reading your mail makes me happy and sad at the same time.
        > > Happy, because you can "look and "smell" our OS project so
        distinctively
        well this is strange cause none in hyLug is awair of your plans
        and what the destro will look like since last one and half year
        and we been looking at some banners then talk on using 2.3
        kernel and strange things , this tells that you guys have no
        shit knowledge about open source , which is mentioned below
        by you guys. So we think that you really dont know any thing
        about linux .
        And next we have not seen you in any of the linux meet .
        > > without even "looking" at a single bit of it.
        > > Sad, because of your typical mentality of coming to limelight by
        pulling down
        well i dont think some one will be popular by puling down in linux
        world . If thats the case then we do have to suspect Linus ,Alen,
        RSM , and a big list of linux developers.
        > > someone else even when you do not have any concrete evidence or
        reason to do
        > > that.
        > > Indian contribution to Open source would have been much more if
        instead of
        > > demonstrating your cheap writing skills and "funny sense of
        humour" , you
        > > could have send something which could added value to our efforts,
        all of us
        > > would be so happy thinking , Hey! here we have a new "open source"
        buddy. I
        > > f you could have sent a piece of advice than a piece of politics
        we would

        1. well then our advice would be do we need a new India distro .
        2. Put up CVS and lets all of us jump in to your efforts and help you
        all guys in building a strong Indian Destro.

        > > have been greatful. Anyways, your derogatory mention of LBUG is in
        real bad
        > > taste, as its nowhere written that if we guys get together and
        form a Linux
        > > group then it should be called a xLUG and nothing else. We have no
        idea what
        > > is troubling you? or what should trouble you? After all we all
        know
        > > opesource... don't we ?

        LOL

        > > We do not know, we'd ever reach close to what we intend to do but
        we do know
        > > for sure that all of us gave our best (no matter how much) to it.
        Our
        > > working and beleiving in os philo should have been reason enough
        for you and
        > > likeminded to take a positive stance instead of spewing venom on
        some thing
        > > you have not seen and "smelt" would remain a mystery for us.
        > > We have got more contributions from groups and socities working
        abroad just

        well this is funny cause no where in your web site we have read
        your directions .And i dont think any fool will ever read ur website
        and contribute , and to our knowledge we have not seen or read about
        you in any other group of India or abroad .

        > > by merely knowing our direction of efforts and because of
        > >
        > > We hope this shall soothe your senses and next time when we look
        at your mail
        > > we all say -Hey! we've got a new os buddy.
        > >

        > > Thanks anyways
        > >
        > > >From all of us
        > >
        > > Here at Aryan Linux

        sure.