err message

  • bsd_linux
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      hi,
      today the computer service man had come and by mistake connected the cdrom as secondary slave. it was originally connected as the secondary master.

      this should not cause a problem, but i am getting this error message. i don't understand as to why the kernel is trying to still probe the device hdc when nothing is connected to it.

      i am able to access the cdrom, there is no problem. but that err message?

      any pointers would help.

      regards
      harsha
    • Raghuram Vijapurapu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
        On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 04:44:33PM +0530, bsd_linux <bsd_linux@...> said:
        > hi,
        > today the computer service man had come and by mistake connected the cdrom as secondary slave. it was originally connected as the secondary master.
        >
        > this should not cause a problem, but i am getting this error message. i don't understand as to why the kernel is trying to still probe the device hdc when nothing is connected to it.
        >
        > i am able to access the cdrom, there is no problem. but that err message?

        Simply change the /etc/fstab and point it to the new device,
        or create a symbolic link to /dev/cdrom by pointing it to
        /dev/hdb.

        I think U it will do the job for you.

        NEWAY guys, Rajive, Upendra , Mahipal, Nick and Myself are leaving
        to banglore today, so see ya back on 9th. I will try to keep in touch with
        you guys and keep ya informed of the proceedings.

        Bye

        Raghuram Vijapurapu

        [Raghuram Vijapurapu]
        [raghuram@...]||[raghuram@...]
        [http://raghuram.virtualave.net/%5d+[ICQ# 58896013]
        [PHONE:++91-040-7817235]+[Slackware: Distro with an Attitude]