err message

  • bsd_linux
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 3:14 AM
      hi,
      today the computer service man had come and by mistake connected the cdrom as secondary slave. it was originally connected as the secondary master.

      this should not cause a problem, but i am getting this error message. i don't understand as to why the kernel is trying to still probe the device hdc when nothing is connected to it.

      i am able to access the cdrom, there is no problem. but that err message?

      any pointers would help.

      regards
      harsha
    • Raghuram Vijapurapu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 1:14 AM
        On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 04:44:33PM +0530, bsd_linux <bsd_linux@...> said:
        > hi,
        > today the computer service man had come and by mistake connected the cdrom as secondary slave. it was originally connected as the secondary master.
        >
        > this should not cause a problem, but i am getting this error message. i don't understand as to why the kernel is trying to still probe the device hdc when nothing is connected to it.
        >
        > i am able to access the cdrom, there is no problem. but that err message?

        Simply change the /etc/fstab and point it to the new device,
        or create a symbolic link to /dev/cdrom by pointing it to
        /dev/hdb.

        I think U it will do the job for you.

        NEWAY guys, Rajive, Upendra , Mahipal, Nick and Myself are leaving
        to banglore today, so see ya back on 9th. I will try to keep in touch with
        you guys and keep ya informed of the proceedings.

        Bye

        Raghuram Vijapurapu

        [Raghuram Vijapurapu]
        [raghuram@...]||[raghuram@...]
        [http://raghuram.virtualave.net/%5d+[ICQ# 58896013]
        [PHONE:++91-040-7817235]+[Slackware: Distro with an Attitude]