Re: [TwinCLinG] Birla Science Centre

  • Upendra
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 07:49:18PM +0530, partha wrote:

      > But, like Raghu said, the least you guys can do is: 1) attend the
      > meetings, and 2) be there in time.

      Considering I thought the meeting is at 6.00, i did ok. yeah excuses..:)

      > I would also like to ask your suggestions on how we can show our
      > gratitude to Birla Science Centre. Maybe ilug can sponsor some
      > lectures/demos exclusively for Birla Instt. of Information Technology.

      I am available for lectures/demos atleast for next two weeks.

      > Maybe some of you can propose projects for their students (I have taken
      > one student).

      <rant>
      Most software development in hyd fail to realise how much loyalty the
      person will have if given a project. This is the best way to get talent
      as we find so many students running around to get projects. Everywhere
      they go we find companies who want to charge horrendous amounts of money.
      (I am not talking of training institutes).
      </rant>

      Of course giving projects is a huge responsibility. The sysadmins here
      can think of web-based or user-management projects. I believe Birla-IIT
      people are Mtechs. I appauld Dr. Partha in this regard.

      -Upendra