Birla Science Centre

  • partha
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      Our Raghu spake thus:
      > Its Dr. Partha. He had to go out of way to help us get such a great venue.

      That's not true. I was only doing my duty.

      But, like Raghu said, the least you guys can do is: 1) attend the
      meetings, and 2) be there in time.

      I would also like to ask your suggestions on how we can show our
      gratitude to Birla Science Centre. Maybe ilug can sponsor some
      lectures/demos exclusively for Birla Instt. of Information Technology.
      Maybe some of you can propose projects for their students (I have taken
      one student). Maybe we can organise a special install fest for them
      (their students and their institute). Maybe we can ....

      Please send all your suggestions to my personal mail address.

      May I also suggest to Raghu that he buy a bound register and take the
      signatures of all who attend our meetings (name, organisation or
      institution, e mail address, whether member of ilug-hyderabad,
      signature). We can have a record of our activities this way. We do this
      systematically in IEEE meetings and believe me, the data is very very
      useful.

      Let me thank on behalf of ilug-hyderabad, Dr. Dhanekula Ramakrishna of
      Birla Instt. who has been behind our getting this wonderful and
      inspiring venue.

      ....partha

      Dr. S. Parthasarathy Phone: + 91 - 40 - 775 1650
      Algologic Research & Solutions FAX: + 91 - 40 - 775 1135
      78 Sancharpuri Colony
      Bowenpally P.O.
      Secunderabad 500 011 - India
      e mail: algolog@... (Note: h-d-one after the @ symbol)
      WWW-URL: http://algolog.tripod.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
        On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, partha wrote:

        > But, like Raghu said, the least you guys can do is: 1) attend the
        > meetings, and 2) be there in time.

        Most ppl _were_ there on time :)

        > lectures/demos exclusively for Birla Instt. of Information Technology.

        BITS Pilani / Ranchi? Sure, I'd love it (my sister is a BE IInd year comp
        sc student there <g>)

        > Maybe some of you can propose projects for their students (I have taken
        > one student). Maybe we can organise a special install fest for them
        > (their students and their institute). Maybe we can ....

        This can become a LUG project, more or less.

        > Let me thank on behalf of ilug-hyderabad, Dr. Dhanekula Ramakrishna of
        > Birla Instt. who has been behind our getting this wonderful and
        > inspiring venue.

        Thank you, Sir. It's an ideal venue for a LUG meet - especially the LCD
        projector you provided was most helpful.

        --suresh

        --
        Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh@...
        Friday@... + http://kcircle.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
          On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 07:49:18PM +0530, partha wrote:

          > But, like Raghu said, the least you guys can do is: 1) attend the
          > meetings, and 2) be there in time.

          Considering I thought the meeting is at 6.00, i did ok. yeah excuses..:)

          > I would also like to ask your suggestions on how we can show our
          > gratitude to Birla Science Centre. Maybe ilug can sponsor some
          > lectures/demos exclusively for Birla Instt. of Information Technology.

          I am available for lectures/demos atleast for next two weeks.

          > Maybe some of you can propose projects for their students (I have taken
          > one student).

          <rant>
          Most software development in hyd fail to realise how much loyalty the
          person will have if given a project. This is the best way to get talent
          as we find so many students running around to get projects. Everywhere
          they go we find companies who want to charge horrendous amounts of money.
          (I am not talking of training institutes).
          </rant>

          Of course giving projects is a huge responsibility. The sysadmins here
          can think of web-based or user-management projects. I believe Birla-IIT
          people are Mtechs. I appauld Dr. Partha in this regard.

          -Upendra