New Member!

  • pradeep@cybn.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2000
      Hello,
      My name is Pradeep Nalluri.I'm studying in Senior Intermediate
      in St.mary's junior College,Himayatnagar.

      I started using Linux about fortnite ago and I liked it.I want
      to know what is the diffrence between GNOME workstation installation
      and KDE workstation installation in RedHat 6.2 installation

      Adieus,
      Brainz.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2000
        At 10:03 AM 12/16/00 +0000, pradeep@... wrote:

        > I started using Linux about fortnite ago and I liked it.I want
        >to know what is the diffrence between GNOME workstation installation
        >and KDE workstation installation in RedHat 6.2 installation

        One installs gnome and the other installs kde ... as for the diff betn
        gnome and kde that is another story ;)

        --suresh
      • V S Ashoka
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2000
          On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

          > At 10:03 AM 12/16/00 +0000, pradeep@... wrote:
          >
          > > I started using Linux about fortnite ago and I liked it.I want
          > >to know what is the diffrence between GNOME workstation installation
          > >and KDE workstation installation in RedHat 6.2 installation
          >
          > One installs gnome and the other installs kde ... as for the diff betn
          > gnome and kde that is another story ;)
          >

          > --suresh

          my additon : As far as RedHat is concerned, choose KDE
          workstation, because it will install GNOME anyway. You can choose to run
          either one (if you don't know already, they are two just two different
          Desktop managers. You have plenty of them to choose from). I have observed
          that choosing Gnome wkstn. bypasses KDE (correct me if I am wrong,
          please) while KDE wkstn. installs both of them. All other parameters
          remain exactly same. (However, applications that come with KDE can be
          launched from GNOME desktop and vice versa, provided both are properly
          installed on your machine. Please also take a look at /doc directory on
          your RH cd.
          Ashok