[COMMERCIAL] - Exciting opportunity for Linux admins

  • K.C. Ramakrishna
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013
      Geeky FOSS company is looking for the following skills on priority. Opportunity to be associated with a HOT startup.

      We are seeking a university educated, highly motivated Linux admins. (Minimum of 3 yrs experience. Max of 8 yrs.)
      Good experience on tomcat is mandatory. Some experience with Amazon cloud (AWS) is desired. If you have experience with at least 30-40% of below requirements, we can help you learn the rest.

      Location: Madhapur, Hyderabad.

      Excellent compensation. Please refer anyone you know and I can promise that the work will be VERY exciting.

      Qualifications: B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/BSc/MSc/BCA
      The candidate needs to be strong in the following areas:
      * Strong ability to work independently and solve problems
      * Strong ability to research solutions on the Internet
      * Good communication skills
      * Amazon EC2 (and related services)
      * RedHat/CentOS Linux experience (Fedora fine as well)
      * Network administration
      * LAN / VLAN
      * VPN
      * Firewall (iptables)
      * SSH configuration & maintenance
      * Volume administration / maintenance
      These would be an added bonus
      * Java web application installation, support, and deployment procedures
      * Website High Availability
      * Load balancers
      * Clustering App servers
      * Apache 2.x setup & support
      * Apache Tomcat setup & support
      * Subversion (SVN) setup & support
      * MySQL or Postgresql (or Oracle) setup & support
      * Memcached (or other in-memory application caching)

      Primary Duties
      * Maintain Amazon EC2 linux server instances (CentOS)
      * Create & setup new web application server instances for various environments (dev, test, production)
      * Deploy new versions of application software to the various environments
      * Patch and maintain all of the servers
      * Maintain DNS entries (elastic IPs, domain names, sub-domains, switching in an emergency, etc...)
      * Setup & monitor servers with monitoring software and alerts when specific thresholds are met
      * Support developers with web based tools like: JIRA, Confluence, Subversion, Jenkins, etc...
      * Continuously expand the high-availability server infrastructure using Amazon EC2 hosting features
      * Explore database high availability with database administrators
      * Assist with creating a disaster recovery plan
      * Create disaster recover locations regionally around the U.S. using Amazon
      * Regularly practice disaster recovery procedures
      * LDAP, SSO

      Thanks,
      kc

       --