Re: [TwinCLinG] Regarding youtube caching

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
      It is highly dynamic content which doesn't respond well to caching

      --srs (htc one x)

      On 10 March 2013 7:29:08 PM Naidu D Gandam <naidu_001@...> wrote:
      > Hello every one,
      >
      > I am planning to implement caching server which shall be useful for
      > google-maps, youtube, and any other video content websites.  Please
      > suggest or guide me how to go about it.
      >
      > Theju refer me if any one is experienced in this.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > --
      > సాదరంగా,
      >
      > గం. దా. నాయుడు

    • Mehul Ved
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
        On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Naidu D Gandam <naidu_001@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello every one,
        >
        > I am planning to implement caching server which shall be useful for
        > google-maps, youtube, and any other video content websites. Please suggest
        > or guide me how to go about it.

        Here's a commercial solution that google returns http://cachevideos.com/
        It can be setup with squid to achieve desired results.

        Another tool that you can try http://code.google.com/p/youtube-cache/ but
        the wiki page reports that it has a mixed success rate and also requires
        old version of Squid to be used.

        --
        With Regards,
        Mehul Ved