Regarding youtube caching

  • Naidu D Gandam
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
      Hello every one,

      I am planning to implement caching server which shall be useful for google-maps, youtube, and any other video content websites.  Please suggest or guide me how to go about it.

      Theju refer me if any one is experienced in this.

      Thanks in advance.

      --
      సాదరంగా,

      గం. దా. నాయుడు

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
        It is highly dynamic content which doesn't respond well to caching

        --srs (htc one x)

        On 10 March 2013 7:29:08 PM Naidu D Gandam <naidu_001@...> wrote:
        > Hello every one,
        >
        > I am planning to implement caching server which shall be useful for
        > google-maps, youtube, and any other video content websites.  Please
        > suggest or guide me how to go about it.
        >
        > Theju refer me if any one is experienced in this.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > --
        > సాదరంగా,
        >
        > గం. దా. నాయుడు

      • Mehul Ved
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
          On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Naidu D Gandam <naidu_001@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hello every one,
          >
          > I am planning to implement caching server which shall be useful for
          > google-maps, youtube, and any other video content websites. Please suggest
          > or guide me how to go about it.

          Here's a commercial solution that google returns http://cachevideos.com/
          It can be setup with squid to achieve desired results.

          Another tool that you can try http://code.google.com/p/youtube-cache/ but
          the wiki page reports that it has a mixed success rate and also requires
          old version of Squid to be used.

          --
          With Regards,
          Mehul Ved