A Problem about exporting DISPLAY of an application

  • sskrishnavutukuri
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2013
      Hello friends,

      I am new to this mailing list group. I am a M.Tech student in the University of Hyderabad.

      I am working on a web application which displays the home directory which is either on the web server or mounted on an NFS partition on the web server after a user logs in. When I click on a file in the displayed home directory, based on its type it has to launch the application corresponding to it. I am able to do this when the application. is picked up from the local system. However, if I have to pick up the application from the web server or an NFS mounted partition on the web server system, I am unable to figure out how to export DISPLAY to display the application. window on the local system. Can anyone suggest a way to export DISPLAY from a web application program?