Re: [TwinCLinG] Vodafone 3G USB data card - config?

  • Phani Kumar Arava
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
      I think the problem is not with working as USB, since he is already able to
      send AT commands to it.

      Regards
      Phani

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
        Phani Kumar Arava [16/03/11 10:01 +0530]:
        >This is what i have for TATA photon / Reliance Broadband + wvdial Settings.
        >See if it helps how did you detect the phone number to dial. For Reliance
        >Broadbang the Username and password are the phone numbers itself (Ya , i
        >understand, there is no security). But that is how it is.

        I simply used the settings that networkmanager uses - besides which *99#
        and the init scripts are the same as that for an aussie provider (vodafone
        affiliate there)
      • Kenneth Gonsalves
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
          On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 21:49 -0700, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
          > Phani Kumar Arava [16/03/11 10:01 +0530]:
          > >This is what i have for TATA photon / Reliance Broadband + wvdial
          > Settings.
          > >See if it helps how did you detect the phone number to dial. For
          > Reliance
          > >Broadbang the Username and password are the phone numbers itself
          > (Ya , i
          > >understand, there is no security). But that is how it is.
          >
          > I simply used the settings that networkmanager uses - besides which
          > *99#
          > and the init scripts are the same as that for an aussie provider
          > (vodafone
          > affiliate there)

          for bsnl 3G one can use anything as username and password - as long as
          both are the same.