[Commercial] Linux Opportunities @ Rhythm & Hues

  • Samuel Nair
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2011
      Hey Guys,

      Wanted to send out this email letting people know about Rhythm & Hues Studios
      India and specifically about the Linux opportunities available.

      Rhythm & Hues Studios is a Visual FX company that has worked on projects like
      "The Incredible Hulk", "Alvin and the Chipmunks" & more recently "Yogi Bear". We
      have been in this industry for over 20+ years and have been in India for about 9
      years. Our head office is in Los Angeles and we have branch offices in Mumbai,
      Hyderabad and Kuala Lumpur.

      On the outset you maybe be wondering what Visual FX has got do with with Linux,
      well we started out way back on SGI machines using IRIX and then later moved to
      x86 and Linux, all the software that we use for production of our visual imagery
      is written in house and written completely for Linux. Apart from the graphics
      software development we also do a lot of Production programming, MIS programming
      and Systems programming. We have a lot of passionate geeks that love this
      industry and love coming up with ingenious solutions to our various production
      problems. Whether it is writing our own custom NFS servers or development of
      peer to peer data transfer applications for our distributed facilities, all this
      development and hacking is done in house by a talent and passionate group of
      geeks. We use technologies like Perl, Python, Mysql etc all of which runs on Linux.

      This year we won an Academy Award for technical achievement for our distributed
      computing system called the "Queue". This system was developed using tools like
      Mysql, Perl and C. It allows us to efficiently manage and utilize large
      computing resources that we use to produce our computer generated imagery on.

      We are looking for talented and passionate people to join our technology teams
      in Mumbai, Hyderabad or Kuala Lumpur. We also have openings for freshers with
      some Linux exposure. Please look at the following link (Technology Section) for
      specific job openings that we have

      http://www.rhythm.com/india/careers/

      Thanks
      sam