lug promotion

  • pavithran s
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
      On 27 December 2010 21:56, Yoganandam Goteti <gy@...> wrote:
      > CTC on Park Lane Secunderabad .... is where one can find all he /she
      > wants...

      Sorry for quoting from another thread but reading the above lines did
      give me a thought .

      Hyderbad and Secunderabad the twin cities have twin advantages when we
      address the IT crowd .
      1. All the IT offices are in Hitech City and most of the IT crowd pass
      through a single route !

      2. All IT hardware is sold at CTC aka Chenoy Trade Centre ,
      Parklane,secbad , again most of the IT crowd atleast the geeks who buy
      their own parts come here .

      Lets make some cool posters let them be made in black and white for
      printing sake so that every lug member can print them for almost free
      and post them at above two places or anywhere . People who wonder if
      it works , yes I know many ubuntu or other GNU/Linux users in
      Hyderabad who never heard of what a "LUG" is , and atleast some of
      them hangout around these places !

      @all : Do post any potential places where you can find more potential
      LUG members :)

      The poster can have a link to our webpage and a cloud of all topics we
      cover .. or the ever lasting charminar :D

      So a potential newcomer would enter the LUG page which IMHO is very
      dull and static . Sorry for posting a potential flame thread here but
      dull pages are passe and people attention span on web pages[1] have
      decreased .

      1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1834682.stm
    • h.godavari
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
        pavithran s wrote:

        > On 27 December 2010 21:56, Yoganandam Goteti <gy@...
        > <mailto:gy%40anaggha.com>> wrote:
        > > CTC on Park Lane Secunderabad .... is where one can find all he /she
        > > wants...
        >
        > Sorry for quoting from another thread but reading the above lines did
        > give me a thought .
        >
        > Hyderbad and Secunderabad the twin cities have twin advantages when we
        > address the IT crowd .
        > 1. All the IT offices are in Hitech City and most of the IT crowd pass
        > through a single route !
        >
        > 2. All IT hardware is sold at CTC aka Chenoy Trade Centre ,
        > Parklane,secbad , again most of the IT crowd atleast the geeks who buy
        > their own parts come here .
        >
        > Lets make some cool posters let them be made in black and white for
        > printing sake so that every lug member can print them for almost free
        > and post them at above two places or anywhere . People who wonder if
        > it works , yes I know many ubuntu or other GNU/Linux users in
        > Hyderabad who never heard of what a "LUG" is , and atleast some of
        > them hangout around these places !
        >
        > @all : Do post any potential places where you can find more potential
        > LUG members :)
        >
        > The poster can have a link to our webpage and a cloud of all topics we
        > cover .. or the ever lasting charminar :D
        >
        > So a potential newcomer would enter the LUG page which IMHO is very
        > dull and static . Sorry for posting a potential flame thread here but
        > dull pages are passe and people attention span on web pages[1] have
        > decreased .
        >
        > 1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1834682.stm

        A few large penguins along Tank Bund might be equally effective and more
        fun :-)
        I wonder what the police think of intoxicated (with Linux of course)
        penguins stumbling along

        regards
        hg
      • krish
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2010

          > > 1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1834682.stm
          > >
          > A few large penguins along Tank Bund might be equally effective and more
          > fun :-)
          > I wonder what the police think of intoxicated (with Linux of course)
          > penguins stumbling along

          They might as well push the penguin suited luggers into the tank bund.
          Even the best of the swimmers are prone to drown in that stinking water.

          --
          krish

        • h.godavari
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2010
            krish wrote:

            > > > 1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1834682.stm
            > > >
            > > A few large penguins along Tank Bund might be equally effective and more
            > > fun :-)
            > > I wonder what the police think of intoxicated (with Linux of course)
            > > penguins stumbling along
            > >

            > They might as well push the penguin suited luggers into the tank bund.
            > Even the best of the swimmers are prone to drown in that stinking water.
            >
            > --
            > krish

            What happens to hese waters? Years ago tanks of all sizes used to have
            water plants (lotus and water-lilies in particular) used to grow in
            them. Once a year most of the vegetation was harvested and a new growth
            cycle started. That kept water clean and aerated. Now all large plants
            seem to be herbicided!!

            regards
            hg