Re: [TwinCLinG] Re: seems to be that time of the year again ..

  • Kenneth Gonsalves
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 20, 2010
      On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 17:07 +0000, theju wrote:
      > Install fests are fine but doesn't make any sense if the same 5 people
      > attend. Another question, are install fests even relevant today? Isn't
      > it fairly simple to be install a distro?

      go go your old college and conduct basic install fest and also basics of
      things like python. If you do things right, you will get an audience for
      30 - 200 and maybe pick up a few new members. (you *are* a two time GSOC
      guy, and that itself will attract crowds)
      KG
      http://lawgon.livejournal.com
      Coimbatore LUG rox
      http://ilugcbe.techstud.org/
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 20, 2010
        Kenneth Gonsalves [21/12/10 09:55 +0530]:
        >> Dude install fests were fun back then
        >
        >I have news for you - they are still fun. A whole new generation has
        >come up who weren't there 'back then'.

        Yes but I saw a 12 year old kid who was able to install ubuntu on his own,
        clicking next and following the defaults .. so its nice, but its not really
        'fun' as such.
      • Kenneth Gonsalves
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 20, 2010
          On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 20:44 -0800, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
          > Kenneth Gonsalves [21/12/10 09:55 +0530]:
          > >> Dude install fests were fun back then
          > >
          > >I have news for you - they are still fun. A whole new generation has
          > >come up who weren't there 'back then'.
          >
          > Yes but I saw a 12 year old kid who was able to install ubuntu on his
          > own,
          > clicking next and following the defaults .. so its nice, but its not
          > really
          > 'fun' as such.

          I see many adults who cannot do it - kids are smart.