Re: Minutes of the August Meet

  • Vardhan
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2010
      --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "theju" <thejaswi.puthraya@...> wrote:

      > The workshop yesterday on Clojure by Baishampayan Ghose started off

      So what next ?
      Are few of the people in this group going to be clojured to next level ?
      Getting involved with some existing effort or launching some entirely new effort ?

      Though i missed yesterday fun .. i'ld like to contribute to any
      project that a team from this group can take up .

      Any ideas ? An problems which can be solved with clojure ?

      --Vardhan
    • harshit.rohatgi
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2010
        Can you please specify the time correctly on the website page from next time . It showed 17.00 pm as starting time . Missed the complete session because of it.

        --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "theju" <thejaswi.puthraya@...> wrote:

        > The workshop yesterday on Clojure by Baishampayan Ghose started off at 12pm after a series of inadvertent delays. 9 people attended the workshop that went on till 6pm (an hour extra owing to the delay at the start).
        >
        > The workshop began with a discussion of the history of Clojure, the data types, structures, syntax followed by a small demo. Attendants were encouraged to try out code during the workshop.
        >
        > The group broke for lunch at 2pm and rejoined at 3pm. This half covered slightly more advanced topics and was followed by a more relevant example.
        >
        > The photo (public, can be viewed without an account) taken during lunch is at
        > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7052675&l=cc82cd1da7&id=626421170
        >
        > The slides are available at http://www.slideshare.net/zaph0d/pune-clojure-course-outline
        >
        > I want to thank Baishampayan Ghose, the sponsors of the meet and all those who attended the event.

      • Cheedhu சீது छीधु
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2010
          > Can you please specify the time correctly on the website page from next time .
          > It showed 17.00 pm as starting time . Missed the complete session because of
          >it.

          we do regret that you missed the session, but the site mentioned (and still
          does)

          Date: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 1000 - 1700 IST onwards

          the 'onwards' at the end was the misleading effect!!!

          Regards
          Cheedhu
          http://www.cheedhu.name
        • theju
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2010
            --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "harshit.rohatgi" <harshit.rohatgi@...> wrote:

            > Can you please specify the time correctly on the website page from next time . It showed 17.00 pm as starting time . Missed the complete session because of it.

            It's always been 1000 -1700! You probably overlooked it :)

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30, 2010
              --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "theju" <thejaswi.puthraya@...> wrote:

              > --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "harshit.rohatgi" <harshit.rohatgi@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Can you please specify the time correctly on the website page from next time . It showed 17.00 pm as starting time . Missed the complete session because of it.
              >
              > It's always been 1000 -1700! You probably overlooked it :)

              Damn! After I read Cheedhu's reply, I realized I overlooked it and not you. I am extremely sorry.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 30, 2010
                Completely overlooked it . My bad ! . .. will be looking forward to the next session . Any updates for it ?