Minutes of the meet (may 16)

  • pavithran s
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2010
      Today was a lug meet at Rythm and Hues, Hitech city .

      It started with cheedu showing around the office. We noticed two things one
      was that most of the macines were using blender and the importance given to
      art in the interior design . It was mangolian :)

      Also learnt that 99 % of their desktop machines are running GNU/Linux
      distribution . Satish goda started the talk on blender. He showed us
      the various animations and how they progressed . I learnt that animation
      during starting was drawn by main desgner and all the patches were done by
      subordinates now replaced by machines !

      I liked he way he not just showed the big buck bunny but also sowed sample
      files of 'bunny skipping' and 'squirrel making apple fall down' in various
      angles and zooms . He also explained how tg\he community works in blender
      .. how they sit together and make the open movie and how each movie
      contributes features to blender software .

      Overall a very nice meet where I could meet back old luggies like
      teju,cheedu and shakthi .

      More details are coming from cheedu photgraphs which will end up in FB !! ;)

      Regards.
      Pavithran

    • theju
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2010

        --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, pavithran s <pavi.eu@...> wrote:

        > Today was a lug meet at Rythm and Hues, Hitech city .

        [snipped]

        Pavi, thanks for the minutes. Just to add some missing details. The meet was attended by 12 members and we like to thank Rhythm and Hues Studios for hosting us. A special thanks to Satish for the wonderful talk and to Cheedhu for taking the initiative and convincing the management to host us. I also want to thank everyone who attended the meet. The slides and photographs will be posted shortly and we are sorry that we could not film the talk due to some technical (ahem!) reasons (no one got a camera!) but we managed to get a few snaps with a camera from the R&H guys. Personally, I liked this meet and if you didn't attend, then you missed something!

        Since, Satish could not give us a hands-on due to lack of time. He is willing to have one soon (probably for the next month???) and wants to gauge the interest. Members could get their laptops and try out blender while he mentors us. So let us know what you think about this?

        It was also discussed in the meet to use some sort of an RSVP system so that we could pass reminders. Temporarily, we are thinking of using Facebook events. Does anyone have anyone have objections or alternatives to suggest for the same?

        The Facebook page is at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115483725154323 . Please join the group to know about upcoming events and RSVPing for them. All the information will also be available here and if you don't wish to be on FB, then you can RSVP here too.

        --
        Cheers
        Theju
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2010

          --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, theju <thejaswi.puthraya@...> wrote:
          > The slides and photographs will be posted shortly.

          and they are here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115483725154323&v=photos
          and also will be on our gallery soon.

          Regards
          Cheedhu