How to store the packages downloaded throught apt-get

  • venu madhav
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      I am using Ubuntu 8. The problem I face is when ever there is a need of
      software I have to download it from internet and install. Moreover
      since they get deleted after installing, I can't use them afterwards.
      So, is there any way of storing the downloaded packages in Ubuntu.
            We can do the same in Fedora by changing the yum.conf. But I didn't find corresponding file in Ubuntu.

      Thank you,
      Venu

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/

    • satyaakam goswami
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
        On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM, venu madhav<venu_taurus539@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I am using Ubuntu 8. The problem I face is when ever there is a need of
        > software I have to download it from internet and install. Moreover
        > since they get deleted after installing, I can't use them afterwards.
        > So, is there any way of storing the downloaded packages in Ubuntu.
        >       We can do the same in Fedora by changing the yum.conf. But I didn't find corresponding file in Ubuntu.

        archives are available here

        /var/cache/apt/archives

        you can change values for how the archives should be

        /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20archive

        APT::Archives::MaxAge "30";
        APT::Archives::MinAge "2";
        APT::Archives::MaxSize "500";