help regarding "rsync"

  • siva kiran
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2009
      hello everybody, as i am very interested in concepts like backup and recovery ,Can u please suggest me any books? waiting for ur reply

      Thanking you,

      regards
      siva kiran.B
    • Nelson Lobo
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2009
        Download PMagic disc ( http://partedmagic.com/ ) and play with it. It
        has a number of recovery tools. That's the best way to learn. One such
        is testdisk. Google will give you a number of articles how to use it.

        --
        visit linux cd & dvd store at http://linuxdvdsale.tripod.com
      • K.C. Ramakrishna
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2009
          Backup and recovery can as simple or as complicated as you want it.

          1. For personal backup and recovery
          For a fairly good introduction, try using Sbackup (simple backup and restore) on Ubuntu. Read its help.
          Also try timevault.
          You can learn this in as day or two and will give you basics which will help in understanding enterprise backup.

          2. For enterprise:
          Read up on tar, dar, backing up to tape, backup server, disaster planning and recovery.

          For a beginners perspective, start with wikipedia and as somebody suggested, there is always google.

          kc
          K. C. Ramakrishna

          www.rknowsys.com

        • gnuvvekaavaali
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2009
            --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "K.C. Ramakrishna" <kcramakrishna@...> wrote:

            > Backup and recovery can as simple or as complicated as you want it.
            >
            > 1. For personal backup and recovery
            > For a fairly good introduction, try using Sbackup (simple backup and restore) on Ubuntu. Read its help.
            > Also try timevault.
            > You can learn this in as day or two and will give you basics which will help in understanding enterprise backup.
            >
            > 2. For enterprise:
            > Read up on tar, dar, backing up to tape, backup server, disaster planning and recovery.

            This works great for me -

            rsync -av --delete "src" "dst"