Fw: TwinCLinG, aka iLUG-HYD 10 years old this month

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
      Wonderful news, thanks bhyrav

      ----- Forwarded message from M B Prasad <bhyravap@...> -----

      From: M B Prasad <bhyravap@...>
      Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:52:19 +0000
      To: suresh@...
      Subject: TwinCLinG, aka iLUG-HYD 10 years old this month

      Suresh, can you please post this on ilug-hyd list?

      Tks
      Bhyrav Prasad

      Please find the original announcement below -

      Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:15:53 +0530
      From: prasad <prasadb@...>
      To: Linux General <linux-india-general@...>,
      linux list <linux-india@...>
      Subject: Announce: ILUG-HYD meeting on 24th April 1999

      Hi,
      This is to announce the first meeting of the
      Twin Cities Linux Group (TwinCLinG) , aka ILUG-HYD ,
      on Saturday, the 24th of April 1999 at 5.30 PM.
      Please make a note in your diaries, organisers, PIMS,
      calenders ... whatever, and make it convenient to attend.

      The location is

      Insight Solutions India Pvt Ltd
      6015 Emerald House (6th Floor)
      1-1-263 S.D. Road
      Secunderabad 500 003

      Tel: 7815247

      If you are wondering where the hell
      Emerald House is, it is not far from Paradise!
      It is located between Parklane and Paradise circles
      on S.D. Road, near Book Selection Center and Abhiruchi Restaurant.

      For those interested , I can show Redhat 5.2 running on a PII,
      with KDE. It is configured for dialout to VSNL. WordPerfect, Applix
      and Staroffice can be demonstrated too. Sound apps like midi and
      x11amp are pretty cool to show off the multimedia prowess of this
      free OS.

      I hope that limited seating will not be a limiting factor
      in getting a good turnout. Please forward this message to
      all who may be interested. May our tribe increase.

      - Prasad

      PS: Can someone please put up this announcement in the local
      Universities - HCU , OU , JNTU etc?

      May the source be with you!

      ----- End forwarded message -----
    • Dimple Patel
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
        is this an old post or is 24th April, 1999  a typo?

        Regards,

        Dimple Patel, Ph.D.

        Assistant Professor, Library & Information Science,

        Osmania University, Hyderabad.

        Website: http://sites.google.com/site/dimplerp

        Contribute to LDL: Librarians' Digital Library (https://drtc.isibang.ac.in)

        Dept. of Library & Information Science, OU (http://sites.google.com/site/lisosmania)

        A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed. ~ Archbishop Desmond Tutu, 1999

        Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:15:53 +0530

        From: prasad <prasadb@hd2. vsnl.net. in>

        To: Linux General <linux-india- general@grandtet on.cs.uiuc. edu>,

        linux list <linux-india@ grandteton. cs.uiuc.edu>

        http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Mobile1_ 042009

        ----- End forwarded message -----

      • suresh@hserus.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
          Obviously.. Its about our 1st meeting 10 yrs ago in 1999

          --
          srs / nokia e71

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
            On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:21 AM, suresh@... <suresh@...> wrote:
            > Obviously.. Its about our 1st meeting 10 yrs ago in 1999

            Wow! 10 years. This is impressive. Thanks for posting the original note.

            cheers,
            Sameer
            --
            Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
            San Francisco State University

          • thejaswi_p_23
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
              Great new folks.

              Congrats to one and all!!!

              [snipped]

              This news also got me wondering about a lot of other things:

              > If you are wondering where the hell
              > Emerald House is, it is not far from Paradise!
              > It is located between Parklane and Paradise circles
              > on S.D. Road, near Book Selection Center and Abhiruchi Restaurant.

              Abhiruchi Restaurant has closed (the plot was closed
              the last time I saw it) but Book Selection Center is
              still open and so is Insight Solutions at Emerald House.
              Not a lot of change.

              > For those interested , I can show Redhat 5.2 running on a PII,
              > with KDE. It is configured for dialout to VSNL. WordPerfect, Applix
              > and Staroffice can be demonstrated too. Sound apps like midi and
              > x11amp are pretty cool to show off the multimedia prowess of this
              > free OS.

              Free software and hardware has progressed leaps and
              bounds since then!!!

              > I hope that limited seating will not be a limiting factor
              > in getting a good turnout. Please forward this message to
              > all who may be interested. May our tribe increase.

              The last sentence still holds true even
              today (sigh)!!!

              > - Prasad
              >
              > PS: Can someone please put up this announcement in the local
              > Universities - HCU , OU , JNTU etc?

              Still the same, not much of student
              participation!!!

              So much of change yet still the same.

              I was wondering if people are interested
              in holding a meet to celebrate 10 years
              of existence?

              --
              Cheers
              Theju
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
                thejaswi_p_23 [02/04/09 17:46 -0000]:
                >So much of change yet still the same.
                >
                >I was wondering if people are interested
                >in holding a meet to celebrate 10 years
                >of existence?

                Sure. If I can I will travel in from chennai for this. What dates?
              • Anand Abraham
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
                  Hi
                  Congrats to you all for keeping this group strong and alive. keep up the good work and hope it improves more better. In my opinion, we must find more ways to make this group more interactive and progressive. all the best again.

                  cheers

                  anand

                  --- In ilughyd@yahoogroups.com, "thejaswi_p_23" <thejaswi.puthraya@...> wrote:

                  > Great new folks.
                  >
                  > Congrats to one and all!!!
                  >
                  > [snipped]
                  >
                  > This news also got me wondering about a lot of other things:
                  >
                  > > If you are wondering where the hell
                  > > Emerald House is, it is not far from Paradise!
                  > > It is located between Parklane and Paradise circles
                  > > on S.D. Road, near Book Selection Center and Abhiruchi Restaurant.
                  >
                  > Abhiruchi Restaurant has closed (the plot was closed
                  > the last time I saw it) but Book Selection Center is
                  > still open and so is Insight Solutions at Emerald House.
                  > Not a lot of change.
                  >

                  > > For those interested , I can show Redhat 5.2 running on a PII,
                  > > with KDE. It is configured for dialout to VSNL. WordPerfect, Applix
                  > > and Staroffice can be demonstrated too. Sound apps like midi and
                  > > x11amp are pretty cool to show off the multimedia prowess of this
                  > > free OS.
                  >
                  > Free software and hardware has progressed leaps and
                  > bounds since then!!!
                  >

                  > > I hope that limited seating will not be a limiting factor
                  > > in getting a good turnout. Please forward this message to
                  > > all who may be interested. May our tribe increase.
                  >
                  > The last sentence still holds true even
                  > today (sigh)!!!
                  >

                  > > - Prasad
                  > >
                  > > PS: Can someone please put up this announcement in the local
                  > > Universities - HCU , OU , JNTU etc?
                  > >

                  > Still the same, not much of student
                  > participation!!!
                  >
                  > So much of change yet still the same.
                  >
                  > I was wondering if people are interested
                  > in holding a meet to celebrate 10 years
                  > of existence?
                  >
                  > --
                  > Cheers
                  > Theju

                • Dimple Patel

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
                      Dimple Patel [03/04/09 11:46 +0530]:
                      >well, now am confused, what is the point in posting it now???

                      Simple logic .. the same as where I wish my wife Happy Anniversary on June
                      21 every year, though we were married in 2002. And I guess our 10th
                      anniversary on June 21 2012 will be celebrated in an extra special manner.

                      Similarly .. those of us who have been with the LUG since its inception
                      would like to celebrate its 10 years of existence.
                    • Dimple Patel
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
                        ok now i get it, but the post was certainly confusing :-)

                        Congratulations to the group!!!  i have joined this group recently and it is nice to know that this group has completed 10 years.

                        so, is there any plan for some kind of programme to celebrate this?